• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NX-6 Shovel , Anyone used one?

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
Almost in need of a new long handle digger after the White's Ground Hawg started bending at the neck. After some Google searching it turns out the White's shovel has many many complaints about it bending in that spot so I won't be getting another one. Just wondering if anyone here has used the NX-5 or NX-6 shovels that KG and Ringy use/sell on their website and if so what you think of it? Looks sort of like the Raven by Lesche but maybe a little wider and beefier with nicer looking foot pegs. Looks like a very nice digger if it will hold up as well as the Lesches.

Attachments

• NX-5.jpg
    NX-5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 354
I bought one of these after realizing that the Root Assassin shovel that I bought off of Amazon was inadequate for metal detecting. I've probably dug 20,000 plugs with it. I really need to sharpen it! The blades/serrations are flat ground, so laying it on a belt sander would sharpen both edges and the point.

I've actually bent mine a bit, prying under a 3"-4" root. Hey, I was young in the hobby! I no longer do that sort of nonsense. I have a couple of hand diggers, but I never tote them around, I just carry this shovel. I've read that some folks are weary of carrying it in public, due to the intimidation factor, nut I really don't care. I dug up 136 coins yesterday, no telling how many pieces of trash, so I need something to lean on, as a disabled veteran.

My paint is wearing off, but I use it quite frequently, so there is no danger of rust. All of those stickers are long gone, because I've beeped in the rain, wind, and thanfully no snow. I'm in Florida, after all.

This is a stout shovel. I'd recommend it to anybody. I'm not Aquachigger, so a regular trenching shovel won't work for me. I prefer this beastly tool.

Back
Top Bottom