Worm and Toad both hit silver!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Worm and I headed out to the same park we hit last Sunday. I got a 44 merc, 51 rosie and a half of another silver rosie. I just can't count the half rosie in my silver count for the year with a clear conscience! So the other two put me at 8 fty. Worm got a huge silver ring that I forgot to get a pic of. Worm has had an outstanding weekend of silver!

Attachments

• 20190210_082746_HDR.jpg
    20190210_082746_HDR.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Message_1549808890836.jpg
    Message_1549808890836.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 298
  • 20190210_133403_HDR.jpg
    20190210_133403_HDR.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 276
That half rosie definitely counts. Count it with clear conscience, it's a silver coin!

WOAH ! More silver weight than a trime or half dime and you would count one of them wouldn't you ? Absolutely add that di__. lol. Awesome hunt congrats. Last spring my silver count was lacking so bad I dug a burnt barely recognizable dime, I counted it. Good luck. Mark

Congrats on the three Silvers all those Wheat's and a fine birthday celebration Scott. Was hoping Travis would have posted the Ring here. Maybe later. Your having a great start to the year. Trapper

Nice hunt. I have no conscience. I’d count that Rosie!

That half rosie definitely counts. Count it with clear conscience, it's a silver coin!

Its silver aint it and it was a coin was it not. Heck yes it counts.

Hell I’d count it!!!! Killer hunt!!!!! I want to hunt that park!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on all the silver! I absolutely would count that cut coin, it's more than 50% of the coin!

Cellrdwlr has it right ..it is more than 50 % Count that puppy !!!

WOAH ! More silver weight than a trime or half dime and you would count one of them wouldn't you ? Absolutely add that di__. lol. Awesome hunt congrats. Last spring my silver count was lacking so bad I dug a burnt barely recognizable dime, I counted it. Good luck. Mark

great hunt toad and yes 4 sure that cut rosie counts as a silver awesome job :D

Great job guys!

Congrats on a silver kind of bday brother!!! I hope you had a great one!!! Enjoyed the hunt as usual old man!! :laughing:

Congrats on the three Silvers all those Wheat's and a fine birthday celebration Scott. Was hoping Travis would have posted the Ring here. Maybe later. Your having a great start to the year. Trapper

Thanks everyone! Y'all talked me into it...I've got 9 FTY!;)

Congrats! :D Someday if our 17 inches of snow (with more to come) ever melts, then maybe Torpedo, Wolf-Dog, Princess, and I can venture out to look for hidden treasures under this frozen tundra. But until then, we'll keep watching everyone else's posts. ;)

You got me thinking about where to draw the line when counting a clipped coin. Does it count if it's less than half? A mere sliver? Here's how I look at it: you're counting how many silver coins you found with your detector in a year's time. Not all of them will be in great condition, but they all count as a find in the silver coin category. There's the point; you are counting the finds, not how many complete coins you get. So I would count any identifiable fragment of a silver coin as a silver coin find. However, if you find more pieces of the same coin(must match up with original fragment), then it goes with that coin, and cannot be counted as a separate coin. So "identifiable" is where I draw the line.

Great hunt you guys! Keep 'em comin'!

That's a great find. I gotta say I have found a lot of mower coins But have never seen one cut that clean, looks like it was cut with sheet metal cutters. Outstanding digs just the same.

Back
Top Bottom