"Pinpointer" alternatives?

Depending on OP's location, I won't ship, have a Garrett pro pointer looking to unload for $50 if interested. I'm in NJ though

Thanks, joee5, but I'm a few States further south. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will add something to this thread. I bought the profind 35 a few months ago. I had to ship it back yesterday. The body of the unit is very thin plastic where the cap screws on. It cracked in multiple places and is no longer waterproof. so if anyone has one be extra careful when screwing the cap on. Try not to cross thread or screw on crazy tight. Also good for people to know that are shopping. I will say that ML offered to replace it with no hassle.

Let us know. I have a feeling you would have been better off putting that 23 bucks on Red on the roulette wheel. :D

I have a TRX and an orange Garrett. Both are great little machines. I like the garrett a little more. They detect the target a little differently. The target has to be straight in line with the end of the pointer of the TRX. The Garrett will pick up the target anywhere along the shaft. Takes a little practice using either.

Yeah you just threw away your $$$

Let us know. I have a feeling you would have been better off putting that 23 bucks on Red on the roulette wheel. :D

I have a TRX and an orange Garrett. Both are great little machines. I like the garrett a little more. They detect the target a little differently. The target has to be straight in line with the end of the pointer of the TRX. The Garrett will pick up the target anywhere along the shaft. Takes a little practice using either.

I always carry the TRX plus the Carrot(or F-Pulse) together. The TRX for generally shallow coins down to 3-4 inches, pre dig. Then the Carrot or Pulse finishes. Very efficient IMO.

Take the cost of those Chinese GP pin pointers that look like a real pin pointer and buy lottery tickets. Your odds of winning are about the same.

Yes that Chinese junk will work for a while but will never work as well as the better pin pointers.

No they won't work as well that's why I use a trx. A $17 cheapo can get a person bye for a while until they have more $. Later it will work as a loaner/backup. Don't remind me of lending my bosch jigsaw to my brother and later find out that he used it to cut a bunch of rebar. 😬

Good advice. Thanks.

I already owned both the those pointers anyway, plus about every other pointer on the market. Don't remember if it's been suggested,,,the Deteknix X-Pointer for $89 is a solid unit also. Not waterproof but good for the $$$.

Btw, the sponsors here will likely trim off about $10 the retail price on the Garretts and various other manufacturers pointers, if you ask in a PM. Sometimes, even more. It pays to shop withy our sponsors. I think that the Deteknix is a set price at $89 though.

I would carry just the Garretts or F-Pulse if I didn't already own the TRX. It's a nice combo since I own both ;-)

A Garrett PP2 arrived today

From another post (how to cut a plug) you'll read where I wrote about how much easier life will get when learning those digging techniques (or lack-of-digging) and using a pinpointer.

I ordered a Garrett via Amazon yesterday with free one-day shipping. I couldn't wait till next week! (sorry nuggetnoggin, or I'd have supported you). :)

I like the Makro pinpointer the best. I seems to me I can dial it in better than the Garrett pp.

I have the minelab pro 35. Really like the ease of use
Simple on off button. No problems underwater.
Separate buttons for sensitivity and an led light for
Night hunting.

Ok, the verdict is in. I gave the China Pointer a break in run this afternoon, and it performed flawlessly on air test coins, my spade, and pocket knife when I forgot to turn it off before sticking it in my pocket, but on coins in the dirt, forget about it. I even tried to make it easy for it by isolating a dime in a fist sized clod of dirt and it couldn't find it, sidescan or pinpoint.
Well it will be a cool novelty for my granddaughter until she takes the Garrett Carrot I have ordered away from me. 🤔 23 on red, and let it ride! 🤣🤣

Green River what is wrong with digging up enough clad to pay for that New Pin Pointer so the CFO does not get involved. There is thousands of dollars in clad out there just waiting to be found. I know it can be done as my eldest son who lives in KY dug up over 23 dollars in clad in one outing.

Green River what is wrong with digging up enough clad to pay for that New Pin Pointer so the CFO does not get involved. There is thousands of dollars in clad out there just waiting to be found. I know it can be done as my eldest son who lives in KY dug up over 23 dollars in clad in one outing.

I actually should revise and apologize for my earlier post. I cancelled the Garrett order and went with the Teknetics Tek Point with the full blessings of the CFO. 😁 I also should apologize for my quick and harsh review of the unbranded carrot pointer. I found a couple of clad dimes yesterday in thick caked red clay that I would have great difficulty finding without the un- carrot. I'm not saying it's brand name good, but it done the job in a pinch.

Back
Top Bottom