who is ground balancing with the nox?

Here's a good read and where I got the info. But I've actually experienced this.
Scroll down to the 4th post by Steve Herschbach: https://www.detectorprospector.com/...nd-balance/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-63454

Go down to about the 5th paragraph from the bottom to get to the meat of the subject.

This is a great read by Steve H.. There's a lot of info there that pertains to a lot of other detectors. I'm thinking of my Xterra 705. Thanks for posting the link.

the 800 is a hot machine and it is also designed by a team that are experts in audio processing.

You must do everything properly to get the best out of this machine. This means ground balancing and noise canceling properly every time you change locations. In addition don't set your sensitivity too high. You don't always need to and this will help you from picking up a lot of what I can micro junk.

Yes you can just do a factory reset, pick a mode and set it on auto ground balance and you will find some stuff. But you will find more stuff if you set the machine up correctly for the type of hunting you are doing.

I always ground balance, noise cancel, set my recovery speed according to what I am hunting and where I am hunting and same goes for Iron Balance.

Good post.

I always ground balance. You should do this to get everything you can get out of the 800. It is a hot machine and great as separating good targets from ground noise, but you need to ground balance to help quiet down this hot machine.

Heck, it just takes a few seconds, so why not?

Back
Top Bottom