A 2 hour hunt and a 5¢ Cigar..

Gonehunting

Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Only had about 2 hours before it got dark, and really didn't want to film after dark. So I hurried back to the intersection where I did so well this weekend. I got permission on a rental house that looked to be as old as the one the day before.. Wasn't there long when my first good find was this token.. I think it may possibly be a baggage claim coin or some to that effect.
It reads "Briggs & Honk Bus & Baggage".
nAOl3.jpg

The back is blank.
XsWtj.jpg

I did a little research before posting, but was unable to find any mention of the Briggs & Honk name.
My very next target was this 1959 Roosevelt dime..
3jItO.jpg

The Rest of the yard was a bust.. Only clad and trash. So I moved back over to the yard I got permission the day before by needing some water.. I quickly started digging wheatie's again. A 1918, 1919, 1944, and a 1945.
gEzwt.jpg

The landowner came out and as we were talking I found this cool lead toy.. I only wished I could have found the rest of it..
Cs5yP.jpg

My next target would be my find of the day.. Although it's not an I.T. token it is definitely an old one.. It says "GOOD FOR 5 CENT CIGAR" On the back it says.. "Durant Drug Co. Durant Okla".. I love finding tokens.. Here is a variation I haven't seen. The two I have seen were Indian Territory.
RnUe6.jpg

5iVQy.jpg

After cleaning it off I moved toward the street and got another good repeatable signal. This thimble says "Henderson Fashion Form Corsets"
p7cBq.jpg

BPx2X.jpg

It was starting to get too dark to see what I was diggin.. so I will just have to wait till tomorrow.

Good finds....I bet the thimble is stamped "Sterling" inside of the finger hole.

Good finds....I bet the thimble is stamped "Sterling" inside of the finger hole.
I am trying to expand it out but not having any look.. it is definitely stout.. The corrosion on it makes me think it isn't silver, but I could be wrong..

I don't see any corrosion, just dirt
It has a rough feel to.(corrosion) thats not dirt.. that was after about 30 mins of hot water and soap.. tried baking soda but it wouldn't come off. there is a rust color on the top.. the metal reminds me of the same material that the Oklahoma state 1 mil tax tokens are made of...

Back
Top Bottom