• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT Pro Battery Holder - Simple Tool

Reef Runner

Forum Supporter
In another thread, there was some discussion concerning the plastic, "AT Pro battery holder", and how it can be easily broken. This is usually due to drops, which can sometimes occur when one is adding, or in my case, removing batteries from the pack. So, for those of you that didn't happen to see that other thread, I thought I'd post my contribution here under it's own topic.

As we all know, those AA batteries can sometimes be tough to grab on to, in order to pull them to get out of the plastic holder, especially with cold fingers, and in my case, "old" fingers. It's normally those first batteries, on each side of the pack (when they are all still under tension from the spring), that are the tough ones for me.

So, I made myself a little tool, to assist with removing those batteries, because it just makes things easier and quicker. There's less chance of slips and drops, which can of course result in a broken battery holder, and all it actually amounts to, is a small wedge, made from some non-metallic material. I keep two around now, one in my "spare battery" pouch, and one that stays on the work bench in my shop, where I usually charge my batteries. Nothing fancy - just functional ! :yes:

the clothes-pin is just for size comparison
&
:shock: maybe a hint, as to a good place to start :shock:
(should you want to make one)
IMG_0500.jpg

I pop out the top battery first (the one that doesn't touch the spring), and the second one is a breeze !
IMG_0503.jpg

After my wooden prototype worked so well, I made myself a couple more out of some scrap nylon
(actually a piece of a cutting board)
IMG_0506.jpg
Both work great !​

Back
Top Bottom