"Detectorists" on BBC

is this more real show than others on tv?

It's actually funny because the Detectorists is a fictional TV show that actually seems more realistic as far as detecting goes than any of the other shows..

<°)))>{

When it was first talked about, everyone (well nearly everyone) was
thinking it was going to be a comedy show, making detectorists look like a
bunch of idiots. On this basis our foremost detecting organization refused to
get involved.

When it finally aired, I think I am right in saying that we were all pleasantly
surprised, and our fears were unfounded. Many of us could relate to things
happening in the programme.
Helped no doubt that the writer/actor is a detectorist himself. It's just a
shame that there are only 6 x 30min episodes.

Mackenzie Crook and Toby Jones are back for a second six-part series, and
one-off Christmas special, of metal detecting drama Detectorists.

http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/80873-bbc/

Hopefully you'll get it in the US.

The first season was awesome, but we couldn't get it in the US. The only way was to use a browser plug-in that makes it look like you are browsing from the UK.

I would gladly buy last season on DVD if I could.

The first season was awesome, but we couldn't get it in the US. The only way was to use a browser plug-in that makes it look like you are browsing from the UK.

I would gladly buy last season on DVD if I could.

The episodes were posted on Youtube, but only for a short time (must have been unauthorized copies). I saw all the episodes that way. I would also buy them on DVD if available. Maybe PBS will show them in the US some day, but the subject matter probably doesn't fit their demographic.

The episodes were posted on Youtube, but only for a short time (must have been unauthorized copies). I saw all the episodes that way. I would also buy them on DVD if available. Maybe PBS will show them in the US some day, but the subject matter probably doesn't fit their demographic.

The production company who owns the DVD rights are complete idiots! They have a hugely great show on their hands, and they won't release it for sale outside of England. They could sell hundreds of thousands more copies if they would just make a US region DVD for sale. They forced youtube to remove every episode posted even though it was doing more to bring in viewers than anything THEY were doing.

There used to be other sites you could watch the videos on, but those were eventually removed too.

When it was first talked about, everyone (well nearly everyone) was
thinking it was going to be a comedy show, making detectorists look like a
bunch of idiots. On this basis our foremost detecting organization refused to
get involved.

When it finally aired, I think I am right in saying that we were all pleasantly
surprised, and our fears were unfounded. Many of us could relate to things
happening in the programme.
Helped no doubt that the writer/actor is a detectorist himself. It's just a
shame that there are only 6 x 30min episodes.

It is better than anything produced on this side of the Pond Alan! :roll:

Bbc

ALAN. I hope we get the show on BBC America. I personaly think British broad casting is much better than our's.

ALAN. I hope we get the show on BBC America. I personally think British broadcasting is much better than ours.

It depends on the type of programme you want to watch.

We tend to get the schedules filled up with cheap to make quiz shows,
and programmes about people wanting to move house.

One of my favourite US shows, was "This Old House". I found that really
interesting, having worked in the construction industry for all my working
life. Is it still being made ?

It depends on the type of programme you want to watch.

We tend to get the schedules filled up with cheap to make quiz shows,
and programmes about people wanting to move house.

One of my favourite US shows, was "This Old House". I found that really
interesting, having worked in the construction industry for all my working
life. Is it still being made ?

Alan, yes,"This Old House" is still being made. Over the years they have tended to undertake more elaborate renovations, but I still like to watch it.

On BBC shows carried in the US, in my area on PBS we only see the high-brow stuff, like Downton Abbey. They did carry Benny Hill a few years ago (20 years?).

ALAN. I hope we get the show on BBC America. I personaly think British broad casting is much better than our's.

plus one.

Most shows over here are geared towards slow thinkers and spend happy types.

Occasionally a good show pops up like Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead....... but for every good show there are 5 "flip this house", or "pimp my car" shows.

Trust me.... I used to watch This Old House when I was a kid. Back then they actually showed you how to fix and restore a house with your own 2 hands. Now.... most of those shows just show you how to buy a house AND HIRE someone to fix it for you, or how to throw on a coat of paint. Then spend have the show telling you about how much money they made.

A few other BBC shows I like are:

Time Team (If you like history and detecting, you will love this show, The American Version sucked)

Top Gear ( The American Version sucked)

Human planet (current watching this series on Netflick)

plus one.

Most shows over here are geared towards slow thinkers and spend happy types.

Occasionally a good show pops up like Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead....... but for every good show there are 5 "flip this house", or "pimp my car" shows.

Trust me.... I used to watch This Old House when I was a kid. Back then they actually showed you how to fix and restore a house with your own 2 hands. Now.... most of those shows just show you how to buy a house AND HIRE someone to fix it for you, or how to throw on a coat of paint. Then spend have the show telling you about how much money they made.

A few other BBC shows I like are:

Time Team (If you like history and detecting, you will love this show, The American Version sucked)

Top Gear ( The American Version sucked)

Human planet (current watching this series on Netflick)

Time team was a great show! The entire series is on youtube, I watched every episode in order. I loved seeing so much history unearthed!

Great show, i am looking forward to season 2... Usually you can watch any program online for free by googling "watch whatever show online" and searching for more reliable links...

Bbc

I watch pretty much all the BBC show's and the mysteries and comedy shows on PBS. I think English comedy show's are way better. But then again my wife call's me an Angleophile , Must mean I want to be English or was one in the Past life, LoL. I watched this new season of Digger's, They seem to hold it down a little better. But Then again it's all we have.:detector:

Back
Top Bottom