"Diggers" TV Series On NAT GEO

I've seen them where they were invited to go out with some other hunters on youtube videos. Not the same zany antics, so I believe it's the doings of the producers for the TV shows.

Meh.... Just have to keep in mind that the shows real purpose is entertainment. It entertains me... so I'm good with it.

Lets face it. If Discovery followed anyone of us around with a video camera...... watching paint dry would be more exciting to most people.

Exactly :waytogo:

I've seen them where they were invited to go out with some other hunters on youtube videos. Not the same zany antics, so I believe it's the doings of the producers for the TV shows.

Yes, that is the norm for most TV shows. Contestants in TV game shows are expected to act like complete imbeciles.

When is it that these two guys stop acting like 6 yr olds? I'm trying to watch the series on Netflix which starts with season 3 but I can't handle the antics these two display whenever they find something. :excited:

On a related subject: Do they have a crew that follows them around filling in their holes?

When is it that these two guys stop acting like 6 yr olds? I'm trying to watch the series on Netflix which starts with season 3 but I can't handle the antics these two display whenever they find something. :excited:

On a related subject: Do they have a crew that follows them around filling in their holes?

Must be where they can tell which areas watch the show. It never came back on where I live. Heck I thought it was cancelled two years ago:lol:

From the few episodes that I've seen, it looks like most of the time they leave the target sitting on top of the plug, sometimes flagging it with a little plastic flag, and move on (after jumping up and down and rolling on the ground and screaming for five minutes). I'm assuming their archaeologist/crew follows them around, records the location on GPS, collects the finds, and fills the holes. Just my guess.

I would hate to see the detectorist series come to an end . Just getting to know all the characters and I think the humor is just so grounded in reality.
Seriously I can't watch enough of it .
Here's to a season three ... HH , Dew

From the few episodes that I've seen, it looks like most of the time they leave the target sitting on top of the plug, sometimes flagging it with a little plastic flag, and move on (after jumping up and down and rolling on the ground and screaming for five minutes). I'm assuming their archaeologist/crew follows them around, records the location on GPS, collects the finds, and fills the holes. Just my guess.

That makes sense. Hopefully their clean up crew can reassemble a plug out of the scraps these two leave. Based on what I've seen so far I sure wouldn't want them digging in my front yard and I live in the country where if it's green it's called "grass". :laughing:

On a related subject there seems to be some confusion (probably my own) regarding what season it is. According to Netflix the first season currently available to watch is Season 3 which aired in 2014. That would make the current season (if there is to be one) Season 5. For those who've stomached the show all the way through does season 4 get any better?

They start filming season 5 next month. :clapping:

Most of seasons 3 & 4 are on Youtube, although the quality isn't too good
on some of them.

This is not to be confused with the "Savage Diggers", or the Detectorist
comedy series here in the UK.

In season 4, Kingy and Ringy were followed around by an archaeologist,
who was recording their find spots on a GPS. On most of their searches,
the finds they made either went to a local museum or the landowner.

They are at pains to point out, that they have permission to dig at the
locations they go to, and their holes are properly backfilled.

A young lady and her two children came by me today while I was detecting at the park. She said her son was excited to see me metal detecting and digging a find. She said he watches the show all the time and was really excited to see a real person using a metal detector. He looked to be about 8 or 9 years old.

I think it's a mix how some people see it. There's actually been several instances where I have been talking to someone about a permission and they say something along the lines of " Oh yeah I've seen them guys do that on that tv show and always wanted to try that out", then I get the permission. It's not all bad. The show with Savage, where they bring in the huge shovels and backhoes, that's a different story I guess...

Back
Top Bottom