"Detectorists" on BBC

The DVD`s for both series 1 and 2 are for sale in the UK and worth purchasing.

BBC is one outlet, another is Amazon.

The real King Alfred jewel is priceless and was found at North Petherton in Somerset UK.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Jerry.

Attachments

• Alfred Jewel.jpg
    Alfred Jewel.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 358
The DVD`s for both series 1 and 2 are for sale in the UK and worth purchasing.

BBC is one outlet, another is Amazon.

The real King Alfred jewel is priceless and was found at North Petherton in Somerset UK.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Jerry.

I didn't realize it was based on a real artifact. Very cool, thanks for posting!

Thanks for your reply.

It was found by eyes only in the 1690`s and is a prices English artifact in the British Museum.

King Alfred finally defeated the Vikings from the marshlands of Somerset.

Happy Xmas and full purses in 2016. Jerry.

Watched the series on Netflix this weekend. What an awesome show! I hope that there will be more. The final shot was hilarious. "Ring pull..." and the camera pans downward, then an aerial. :laughing:

The acting was wry, funny, and spot on! Great job by all involved on that project. Gave it five stars.

Watched the series on Netflix this weekend. What an awesome show! I hope that there will be more. The final shot was hilarious. "Ring pull..." and the camera pans downward, then an aerial. :laughing:

The acting was wry, funny, and spot on! Great job by all involved on that project. Gave it five stars.

There is already a second season that has completed, we are hoping MacKenzie will agree to a 3rd!

I haven't has a chance to watch it yet. Is it Kid friendly? Or is it geared toward adults? Thanks

Just found "The Detectorists" series on Acorn TV, which seems to be available thru my [Amazon] Prime Video membership. I've basically been binge watching for a week and now nearly thru Season 3.

You asked if it's "kid friendly"... The 'F' word is thrown around a lot. I've seen one use of the 'C' word and the crude names for mammalian excrement and urination are regular vocabulary. So you judge, based on your own kids.

Great series IMHO ! Glad I stumbled onto it.

It's billed as being a "One Off", so there seems to be no chance of another series, which is such a shame.

The episodes were posted on Youtube, but only for a short time (must have been unauthorized copies). I saw all the episodes that way. I would also buy them on DVD if available. Maybe PBS will show them in the US some day, but the subject matter probably doesn't fit their demographic.

you can buy them on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom