"Diggers" in Rhode Island Episode

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Anyone catch Diggers this week?

They were hunting in Rhode island and dug some great old coins and good colonial artifacts.

Man, we'd love to get permission to hunt these places like Hammersmith farm and Malbone Castle.

The colonial pocket spill was awesome. I can't even imagine finding something like that. And the coin they thought was a piece of 8 turned out to be the only known example from North America. Pretty special stuff.

Those guys are very lucky. I'd love to get to hunt those spots.

I missed the last five minutes - what were the five coins in the spill? The general public must like the tree-climbing and exaggerated celebration, since there seems to be more this season. I like the show but it's a bit too much. For all I know, that's the way they really are on a hunt. :shrug:

Can't say I like the show too much. They had nice finds for sure but the show seems rigged to me. Just my opinion and nothing derogatory meant by my opinion.

It was three long george half pennies and dang I forgot the other too, but they dated to the 17 teens. Also kg found that piece of a coin from Yemen dated to 1600's. Only know one in North America.

Can't say I like the show too much. They had nice finds for sure but the show seems rigged to me. Just my opinion and nothing derogatory meant by my opinion.

I agree, every single hunt they go on they find crazy things, we all know that isn't the reality of hunts. I live in RI, I have permission to hunt historical properties, you don't get finds like that every time your out.

I agree, every single hunt they go on they find crazy things, we all know that isn't the reality of hunts. I live in RI, I have permission to hunt historical properties, you don't get finds like that every time your out.

I saw an interview with the two of them (Garrett website) and they said that one show usually represents a full week of detecting, 8 hours per day. With that and considering the type of sites they get access to, I don't see their finds as unrealistic.

I saw an interview with the two of them (Garrett website) and they said that one show usually represents a full week of detecting, 8 hours per day. With that and considering the type of sites they get access to, I don't see their finds as unrealistic.

Main problem they have is where they are hunting in these episodes they could be using a big ultimate coil slapped on the at pro, or also using an infinium, etc. Problem is it isn't gonna sell at pro's. Someone going through there with a big ass coil would probably hit that strong box Custer left buried deep. Takes them all day to do a 3 hour hunt:lol:

I know they're lucky they don't roll on my detector without getting an ass whipping:laughing:

The spill was so cool. And yeah, if I'm going to roll on the ground it surely isn't going to be over my detector!!

Yeah, I could see that move not being too popular! Just saying! ;)

The silly juvenile behavior has to be ignored. Most of us don't act like this. :shock:

Shooting outside video could be difficult. Imagine the interference from airplanes and stuff. You never see them digging much junk and they are digging everything.

Back
Top Bottom