So hard to find spots?

cdawson

I'm not really looking into historical places yet or anything but it just seems that it's hard to find different spots to metal detect. I have called some local county parks and even called to see if the national forest was ok. The guy told me that you can metal detect all you want you just can't dig. Where do you guys find places at? My only guess now is asking people about private land and doing salt/fresh water beaches.

Private ground is the best for me. Knock on doors. Never hunted beaches but the forum is loaded with great finds from the sand.

First off calling parks and such is ok if you get in touch with someone who actually knows the rules and regs.Your best bet is to do a search on the place you'd like to hunt,see if there are any laws[rules] about detecting,if you don't see any posted then go to the park and check for signs that indicate no use of metal detecting,if none detect away and if approached tell the person you have checked the website for rules and seen none and checked the signs in the area and seen none against it and if told to leave apologize for the misunderstanding.I was given permission at 1 park and hit it a few times before someone approached me and said it wasn't allowed,i then contacted the same person and his main complaint was the digging of plugs,said they had an accident one time from someone not filling it back in,so i emailed him and asked if a screwdriver was ok to use and his answer was that will be perfectly fine.Sometimes it does take a little bit of thinking on your part to get them to say yes.Hope this helps you out and HH

Back
Top Bottom