Found this odd piece in a State Park

brooklynct2003

This piece registered as a 50 cent piece on my XLT before I dug it up on Sunday. Any ideas? Looks like cheap metal, too heavy to be aluminum. Definitely not Silver.

Perhaps a decorative emblem off a camper or motorcycle?

Attachments

• image0-4.jpg
    image0-4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 202
  • image0-5.jpg
    image0-5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 219
How big is it? Is it too big to be some sort of jewelery? Or something that is attached to a bigger object. Nice find BTW! 8)

The piece measures about 4 inches long and weighs a couple ounces. A little too heavy to be a barrette.

Looks like it was die cast. Dunno, was hoping the logo pattern was a recognizable trademark.

Wouldn't a barrette have a curve designed into it though? This piece is as straight as a ruler.

It looks like both ends have been broken away? I'm guessing off a kids toy stoller or something. What park were you hunting Gil? I was in the Quaddick woods myself Sunday.

Cladius said:
It looks like both ends have been broken away? I'm guessing off a kids toy stoller or something. What park were you hunting Gil? I was in the Quaddick woods myself Sunday.

That piece was found in the Old Furnace state park in Danielson. I was also near Quaddick on Sunday. I spent a few minutes at the George Washington camprground, 5 miles east in RI.

I live less than 10 miles from Quaddick, and have only pulled a couple pennies out of it so far.

I live about 5 miles from Quaddick and Bugguy you can come down any time you want. I have pulled a couple of rosies and a few wheaties out of there but nuttin special. Hows the camp site hunting? I have also hit there before myself. I will be hitting pulaski this weekend some time. Cladius.

I enjoy the campsites. Fewer looks from passers by than public parks & playgrounds. The older the campsite and park, the better. I found some of my best finds in an old campsite in Vermont.

I would join you this weekend, but will be driving to FL for a week. Lets get together for a group or buddy hunt in the spring when the ground thaws a bit.

Back
Top Bottom