Houston Area Hunters

TrailChaser

Hey Everyone,
I'm looking for a hunting buddy. Someone in the Houston area. I like to hit the beach and would be great for carpooling.
I'm using a White's Prizm II and saving for a V3 or E-Trac. I also have a brand new Garrett Ace 150 as a back-up/extra for someone wanting to try out MDing.
Being currently laid-off, I have all the time in the world for hunting.

I'm on the SW side of Houston.

My email addy is: [email protected]

Anyone coming to town on business or whatever email me, I know of some great beaches that need to be hunted. I know that it's cold almost everywhere right now, but down here I've been hunting in short sleeves in the sunshine lately. :cool:

I have family with some land in Hallettsville that had alot of past activity and i go down to Matagorda. On Matagorda beach you can drive on the beach and even camp on it but i have a place to stay when I'm there..

I live near Bush airport and work in the heights. Many times I hunt Saturday mornings afer I get off work at 5 AM.

space_weaseal,
I'm very familiar with Matagorda beach. Ever consider taking a boat to the other side river/canal and hunting that most likely virgin beach?

If you want a hunting buddy to tackle that land in Hallettsville let me know. So far I've just been hitting schools, parks, and tot lots in apt. complexes. My second trip to the beach was a complete failure, and I'm thinking about waiting until I get a beach capable machine before going back and discouraging myself further.

mcdoogal,
Where do you hunt? 5am is a little early, but I'd be willing to meet up someplace. I'd like to find some parks and stuff Downtown to hunt. That would be a good halfway point to meet up.

Houston MD vets,
Are there ANY silver coins to be found in Houston? lol I've been patently waiting and digging and checking dates, but so far I have zero silver coins and only one wheat penny.(the wheat was a surface find not even under the grass roots yet)

I have found a few quarters and dimes from the late 60's and I have two 40's nickels so far. Most of the stuff I dig is from the 80's-90's.

space_weaseal,
I'm very familiar with Matagorda beach. Ever consider taking a boat to the other side river/canal and hunting that most likely virgin beach?

If you want a hunting buddy to tackle that land in Hallettsville let me know. So far I've just been hitting schools, parks, and tot lots in apt. complexes. My second trip to the beach was a complete failure, and I'm thinking about waiting until I get a beach capable machine before going back and discouraging myself further.

mcdoogal,
Where do you hunt? 5am is a little early, but I'd be willing to meet up someplace. I'd like to find some parks and stuff Downtown to hunt. That would be a good halfway point to meet up.

Houston MD vets,
Are there ANY silver coins to be found in Houston? lol I've been patently waiting and digging and checking dates, but so far I have zero silver coins and only one wheat penny.(the wheat was a surface find not even under the grass roots yet)

I have found a few quarters and dimes from the late 60's and I have two 40's nickels so far. Most of the stuff I dig is from the 80's-90's.

Actually i do have access to a boat..:yes:.
The Hallettsville property looks very promising...It is supposed to have a couple of areas where the Mexican army camped and rumors of gold...:shock:

The Woodlands

Looking for some guys to hunt an area that was an old school in Houston 97 years ago and the just finished clearing it. Anybody want to hunt it with me?:yes:

Looking for some guys to hunt an area that was an old school in Houston 97 years ago and the just finished clearing it. Anybody want to hunt it with me?:yes:

I am interested!!!

I live in channelview just east of Houston. close to Galveston the such. I only work the weekends so I have all week to hunt while most everyone else is at school or work!

I am interested!!!

I live in channelview just east of Houston. close to Galveston the such. I only work the weekends so I have all week to hunt while most everyone else is at school or work!

It's been a couple of days with no word back, maybe we should plan a hunt together somewhere in the Houston area. I have a pretty open schedule, I just don't know of any good "old" spots to hunt. I've been looking at the historic maps, and most of the really interesting places are built over with modern structures.
Here's the site I use.(I got the link from someone else on these forums)
http://www.historicaerials.com/ Be sure to check out the tools. Compare with swipe is my favorite one.

It's been a couple of days with no word back, maybe we should plan a hunt together somewhere in the Houston area. I have a pretty open schedule, I just don't know of any good "old" spots to hunt. I've been looking at the historic maps, and most of the really interesting places are built over with modern structures.
Here's the site I use.(I got the link from someone else on these forums)
http://www.historicaerials.com/ Be sure to check out the tools. Compare with swipe is my favorite one.

Im thinking on may 3rd or 4th of going to bolivar beaches or somewhere in there. With the hurricane destroying all those houses im sure we will find stuff. I have also been looking to see if there is a place for people to post stuff that they lost there in case I found something.

Im thinking on may 3rd or 4th of going to bolivar beaches or somewhere in there. With the hurricane destroying all those houses im sure we will find stuff. I have also been looking to see if there is a place for people to post stuff that they lost there in case I found something.

Heard a story of a family friend making some good finds in the Crystal Beach area, not sure exactly where however.

I am going to Corpus the second week of May, any one know of good spots there?

iv been hunting crystal beach a little and not to much to write home about. 3 silver rings and a silver quarter. i had to hunt the washouts from water run off to get down to were anything was. there is about 2 feet of fresh sand on the beach after the storm. oh and now they require a 10 dollar parking permit to park anyplace on the entire length of beach.
i was just there sunday and there was plenty of hotties running around lol

by the way i live in liberty county so if anyone is ever out this way give me a mail on here.
iv been hunting 25 years with about every top end detector and iv been running an etrac for over a year. ttyl

im on another forum more as rbholt80 but you can mail me here il check it more now

Last edited:
space_weaseal,

mcdoogal,

Houston MD vets,

I know it's an old post but I noticed you said parks. There's a law in Texas about it being illegal to hunt in parks. It's a real shame too, because there is a park near me I'd love to hunt.

I live south of Dallas, but not that far south.

I live in Spring and would be willing to meet up with you somewhere. I am still trying to learn how to use my V3.

Back
Top Bottom