UPDATE English half penny cleaned

MattLock

Elite Member
A date may be hard to see its about the size of a nickel can any one say a time frame it was mint or by the size of it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 287
It doesn't look like a half penny now. Looks more like a counterfeit seated coin. (I don't know if there are seated coins that size).

It doesn't look like a half penny now. Looks more like a counterfeit seated coin. (I don't know if there are seated coins that size).

Some other guys on hear thought I might be this

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 265
sorry I can't say if it was dug in the US or UK it was given to be by someone who dected a lot hear and in the UK

The Variety 2 of that farthing would have the date on the opposite side like in the pic you posted above

that looks pretty well worn....might get a positive date though...Good Luck

Do you think it will clean up any more I never used vinegar to clean coins right now am trying to clean wheat penny in it. At least I know wher to look for a date now :laughing:

vinegar works very good..it is an acid so it will lift corrosion...just have to take it slow...i think if you left it overnight though it would be too much-too long..maybe a little light brushing with an old toothbrush after a 1 or 2 hour soak will bring the date

vinegar works very good..it is an acid so it will lift corrosion...just have to take it slow...i think if you left it overnight though it would be too much-too long..maybe a little light brushing with an old toothbrush after a 1 or 2 hour soak will bring the date

Il have to step it up from my q tip if I want results !

I think what you have is a counterfeit seated quarter or if not counterfeit, then maybe in salt water.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 215
Looks like this half penny to me, I also have one from 1911.uploadfromtaptalk1456189143502.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456189151796.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It may be a counterfeit seated quarter.
I found a counterfeit seated half last year:yes:

Attachments

• 7-16-15 fake seated half 4.jpg
    7-16-15 fake seated half 4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 7-16-15 Fake seated half.jpg
    7-16-15 Fake seated half.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom