Garrett Pin Pointer

shen13

I have 2 cheap(modded) HF pin pointers that are ok but not worth a !!!!
in the cold weather..Yes I know the Garrett is on my list,..
I was just curious on how they do in cold and hot weather?

So far mine has performed without any major issues in both cold and hot weather (32 degrees and 95 degrees), but don't hunt a lot in either condition as it's just not comfortable. I did notice that in the cold weather this last January that while using the GPP in a couple holes it would start to go off by itself and I'd have to turn it off and on again to reset it. It still worked, but was thinking the cold might have had something to do with it as it didn't happen on the next hunt when the weather was warmer. FWIW.

Did you add the thermistor mod? That will help a lot with temp stability.

I have some extra thermistors around because I planned to mod a couple for other people as well.

Papa

mod

can you get the resistors at radio shack?If so what part number or
do you know of the link to purchase.
thanks for the reply...

The only problem I've had with the PP, is when I used CHEAP BATTERY's! I hunt all year around, no prob's (hot or cold) but she love's good quality BATS. I used the HF pp for 1.5yrs. Better then nothing, but the PP is incredible.:yes:

Mine works fine in cold or hot weather i do know the hf changes with the weather( i have one). Hopefully i did'nt jinx myself saying this as one time we were talking about hitting deer and i said i never hit one well the next day not one but two, totalled my mini van

Back
Top Bottom