Nice little pendant..Gold?

FAL guy

I'm at a loss whether this might be my first gold find or not. I think I just hit my first!

I had a great hunt yesterday. I found $2.36 in clad, a 1936 wheatie, and this little jewel.

It is stamped with the number BVC 750 on the part a chain would go through. If Wiki is right 750 indicates 18K gold. I think the stone could be an Amethyst.

1182369c.jpg

from what i just got from googling 750 stamp on jewelry its 18kt. awesome! but i would wait on a expert as i am not.

yep .750 is 18 karat gold, the stones are possibly Amethyst and diamond.
Sometimes they would cheat by making only the part marked out of 18k and plate the rest, But it may be all 18k.
A jeweler could test for gold and diamond for you.

Very nice find.. that does not appear to be a Amethyst its more likely a simulated or real ruby although it could be just about anything... tourmaline maybe? the fact its 18k the stones are probably good as well...

I've contacted the school on whose totlot I found the pendant. They have posted a notice to call me if anyone has lost an "item" of jewelry. I've had calls so far looking for a bracelet and 2 different rings. I'm hoping to return the pendant to the owner, and you can bet, I'll be searching the entire property for the bracelet and rings!

Who would have thought being nice would create leads?:cool:

That's a super find! Maybe your good actions will reward you not only with the new leads, but no missing owner response and it will be yours to keep!

Yes sir, 750 stamped is 18k! Congrats on your first gold, and even more congrats on trying to locate the owner!!

Good for you, I am sure you just about lost your mind when that gold popped out! :)

-Caius Gauge

I dabble in semi precious stones and that is indeed an Amethyst with what is probably diamond "chips" , theres a very good reason a jeweler would use a semi precious stone with gold , it's a Birth Stone and i'd bet it's exactly what it represents.

Very nice!

Good of you to contact the school regarding the pendant; best of luck on finding the rings and bracelet!

Cheers,
TB

Back
Top Bottom