• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Any AT Pro users....I need some Guidence

I am a relative beginner (started last spring) and recommend jumping to pro mode without any iron discrimination so you can learn it all. Your yard is probably very trashy, which is a good thing right now because you'll learn the sounds for all sorts of junk and metals.

Also, do you have a pinpointer? If you're not able to find the object, it might just be something small that the pinpointer will help you locate quickly.

Since you are in your own yard, dig a test hole where you are getting multiple iron signals, just to see what's actually in the ground. I've hunted places that are loaded with iron trash and it gives me fits. It's not the place to learn your new machine. Keep at it and good luck!

I'm running in Pro Zero or Pro Custom...no difference really except that Custom saves your disc settings, and since I'm 0 disc most of the time, I dont care...I can always deploy Iron Off if I need to pick through a mess of nails...

I will say, I HAVE to run my rig up here 3 bars down from Full Sens for optimum feedback..I tried jacking it up to 2 bars down, but the thing starts to false when a wave comes over the top or any minor change in ground/sand conditions..

Again, no big deal to me, the thing works really well and hits deep running 3 bars down....It finds Gold and I have confidence in these settings and have gotten comfortable with the feedback understanding....

I guess my advice is to not try to run too hot....run comfortable and accurate...If you can run full power, then OK, all areas are not the same and these rigs were designed to perform no matter what, thats why theres those adjustment features......just click down a few bars Sens and experiment to find the settings that work the best in your area and make the most sense to your brain....

Well said Mud!

I'm running in Pro Zero or Pro Custom...no difference really except that Custom saves your disc settings, and since I'm 0 disc most of the time, I dont care...I can always deploy Iron Off if I need to pick through a mess of nails...

I will say, I HAVE to run my rig up here 3 bars down from Full Sens for optimum feedback..I tried jacking it up to 2 bars down, but the thing starts to false when a wave comes over the top or any minor change in ground/sand conditions..

Again, no big deal to me, the thing works really well and hits deep running 3 bars down....It finds Gold and I have confidence in these settings and have gotten comfortable with the feedback understanding....

I guess my advice is to not try to run too hot....run comfortable and accurate...If you can run full power, then OK, all areas are not the same and these rigs were designed to perform no matter what, thats why theres those adjustment features......just click down a few bars Sens and experiment to find the settings that work the best in your area and make the most sense to your brain....

Been at it for a little over a week. I have noticed turning the sensitivity down seems to help quite a bit. Out in the yard this PM and a solid 43, using the pin-point mode got a general idea. appeared to be 8"+. I went to digging and checking with the pro pointer periodically...When I found the target it was about 2"...actually still in the top of the plug. I'm beginning to understand the machine a bit more. Seems smaller targets may not be as deep as ya think. I really appreciate the info, Mud, as well as everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom