• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deteknix Wader Field Test Vs Whites TRX

I gotta say, this does NOT line up with any other test or review video I've seen.

I'm not doubting your results, but I can't help but think that something was off about. What was the sensitivity set at? How old were the batteries? Can you repeat those results with different batteries and sensitivity levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brand new batteries... full setting...Maybe I got a dud...I didn't care for it..at all....The only good thing I can say was that it never falsed or beeped on its own like the GP does sometimes.

Brand new batteries... full setting...Maybe I got a dud...I didn't care for it..at all....The only good thing I can say was that it never falsed or beeped on its own like the GP does sometimes.

That's because it uses pulse induction. I'm cynically hoping it's a dud, because this is actually the pointer I want to get, and your experience was saddening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary, I really enjoy your videos!

That said, I fully concur with everything you said about the TRX. I get 6" on stupid targets all the time, and 3" on pennies without a problem. I also use it in saltwater, and it goes for a dunk on a regular basis.

It is well worth every penny, and if someone wants to save $25 (give or take), and get an inferior pinpointer, well, we just get to say "I told you so!". :)

HTML:
Interesting video... Makes the Deteknix's pointer look like garbage.
In all fairness to Deteknix, some of there pointers might work OK. Quality control in the electronics industry and the use of cheaper components makes one unit shine and the others on same production line duds.

Forgot to mention that with all the fake Chinese copies out there, who knows if this is genuine or fake. Just saying......

Up until I tried mine, I had heard good things. I am using a lithium rechargeable in it. Maybe it needs an alkaline. I can always play with it some more. When I get a chance I will.

Back
Top Bottom