Got me a new digger!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Love my Lesche, it chops, slices, dices and works well in great dirt but holds up especially well in my rock and clay infested SE. dirt.
Plus it has a lifetime warranty which is great for me because I am rough on my tools and do way too much prying so i have broken two.

Still, on the deeper holes when digging conditions are good i haven't had much problem at all getting dirt out of the hole with that flat blade I always thought a scoopier blade might make me a little faster when going deep.

I never looked for anything else but recently came across a store that dealt with some MD equipment and is planning on moving to a smaller space and he might get out if the MD supply business.
Last time there I noticed everything he had in stock is about the same as most dealer's discounted prices but he has a sign that said all accessories are now an extra 25% off.
I looked at his Wilcox digger display the first time there but yesterday I decided to go back and pick up a little Christmas present for myself.
Couldn't resist, the price was just too right, $13 tax included.

I was planning on getting the shiny 12" stainless digger but I noticed there was another one among all the different ones hanging there, also 12", also stainless and with no shine but way, way thicker at 12 gauge.
The shiny version is 16 gauge and decently stout but I think with enough pressure I could bend or even break it...this thicker one I doubt even I could hurt it much if I tried.
On these tools the handle and the blade is made out of one piece of the same thick steel and the handle part is just bent into a round shape and then covered with the plastic hand grip.
No weak points that can break from what I can see which is sometimes a problem on other cheap diggers.

It could use a bit more padding on the handle but for now it is good enough.

It is 2" wide with a V in the blade, not exactly easy to cut perfect edges around a plug because I tried, not easy at all as a matter of fact but I hope it will scoop deep dirt out better so I will carry both tools around for a bit and see how they work together.
It has marks that measure up to 6" on the blade so that is nice.
It is kind of a small version of my 31" Sampson without the cuts.

I think I might sharpen the point, the front edge and the lower sections of the sides some, that might make breaking through the top of the dirt and digging nicer looking plugs easier too.
It has no cuts in either edge but if I decide I need some a grinder can take care of that, I am hoping a sharp edge will do the job without the cuts.
We will see....at the very least I now own a strong looking backup digger just in case I need one.

Ladies and gentlemen may I present the latest addition to the arsenal my new Wilcox All Pro No.101S model hand digger.

Attachments

• user10659_pic73454_1481988747_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic73454_1481988747_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Very nice, let us know how you like it. It seems many do like them and they claim they're pretty tough. I love the flat blade of the lesche, but on deeper targets, removing additional material is monotonous and time consuming.

Very nice, let us know how you like it. It seems many do like them and they claim they're pretty tough. I love the flat blade of the lesche, but on deeper targets, removing additional material is monotonous and time consuming.

Exactly why I got one.
Going out to hunt in between the rain so we will see how she does if I come across any deep signals past 2-3".

That will need to be lost if you ever need to replace it.. It will out live anything...

<°)))>{

Ok, took it out and it is so thick it is not too great at puncturing the top of the soil at all, nor easy to dig down deeper either and we had rain so the soil is pretty soft and normal now.
Pretty frustrating to use as is, my thinner sharpened Lesche was way easier and worked perfectly as always.
No big deal though, I can fix it up good to work way better.
A grinder can take enough steel off the bottom edges and make it sharp so it will dig in my soil like a hot knife through butter.

Better living, and digging, through modification.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom