UPDATE English half penny cleaned

I don't know what you're hoping to hear, but I really don't think that is a counterfeit anything. How does it compare is size to the quarter? I would put money on it being a half penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't know what you're hoping to hear, but I really don't think that is a counterfeit anything. How does it compare is size to the quarter? I would put money on it being a half penny.

Exactly the back has a head not an egale. I it is a penny am trying to date it could be 1820s

Have you looked at it with a loupe? I was able to get a date from a 1876 shield nickel, but only with it magnified. I could only see the upper half of the last two numbers, which luckily for me was all I needed.

Have you looked at it with a loupe? I was able to get a date from a 1876 shield nickel, but only with it magnified. I could only see the upper half of the last two numbers, which luckily for me was all I needed.

I have it just bought one I looked whre the date is suppose to be I can't tell

The first pic has a comparison.

It's hard to tell though. To me the nickel almost looks the same. If you. Lay them on top of each other is one slightly smaller than the other?

The

It's hard to tell though. To me the nickel almost looks the same. If you. Lay them on top of each other is one slightly smaller than the other?

I don't know right now am not at home it's thinner than a nickel

Why kind of oil I herd Vaseline might work
I used Crisco vegetable oil, only because I knew my coin wasnt worth a thing except to me. I soaked it in the oil for a few hours and it let me get a couple crusty pieces I thought were part of the coin off. You could see the date when you couldnt see anything before. It was faint, but it was there. Hope it works for you. Dont do it if you remotely think it has some value. I honestly dont know what it does to coins.

I used Crisco vegetable oil, only because I knew my coin wasnt worth a thing except to me. I soaked it in the oil for a few hours and it let me get a couple crusty pieces I thought were part of the coin off. You could see the date when you couldnt see anything before. It was faint, but it was there. Hope it works for you. Dont do it if you remotely think it has some value. I honestly dont know what it does to coins.

This only has value to me me no one will want it in this. Condition.

Back
Top Bottom