digging compact gravel

stuticius

How do I dig compact gravel? I've tried a knife screwdriver garden trowel a normal shovel but there is to much rock packed in there I did the best with the screw driver but I'm afraid of jabbing my target

Hard packed parking lot gravel can protect some stuff..i found some stuff..but I was only looking 1" down really...put a good penknife would get those....unless you want to use a hammer and chisel...:laughing:

what kind of signal are you getting???
How deep does it read?
Something strong driven with a hammer to the side of the target and then pryed up will make loose gravel out of hardpack.

A screwdriver helped me safely recover a Barber quarter from 6" deep in a graveled road that had been scraped. Took about 5 minutes to get it out, undamaged from being buried for 100 years...

I'm getting a quarter signal 78-80 and a couple dime signals mid 70s with an f2 all signals are two bars deep and I only got close to 2 inch deep before giving up lol its a nightmare lol

Well I'm goin to try a screw driver with hammer off to the side ill post back to let everyone know how it goes

You are likely to crack the handle of the screwdriver...

Maybe a long center punch or something could prove better?

Just thinking out loud with ya...

<*)))>{

Well I bent the screw driver alittle but I got em out lol chipped out the chunks with the signal and soaked em in a bucket of warm soapy water and I found two pennies and some green stuff that was once a coin lol

I was going to say pick, just swing a good six inches off from where the target is, it'll loosen the gravel right up,...

Pick up a cold chisel at any hardware store. A few hammer taps will loosen that hard pan.

We use this for surveying and i use it for gravel driveways and rockhounding, you can get one for around 20-25$ works great

GE703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom