18.75 khz - 6" DD Xterra coil arrived today - short test

Max-VaBeach-Va

Forum Supporter
Kinda waited for the mail man to show up and then ran out of patience and went to pick up my new sunglasses – postman delivered coil while I was gone – I like it.

I want to take this time to thank my friend Kevin – you know who u are – expect payment in many forms.

Out for testing for a short spin and let me tell you this little 6” – DD – 18.75khz really did a great job in an area we have hunted and hunted. - you have been there with us on each and every hunt, so plan on more, but weather permitting – I will carry this coil to test in the iron laden rocks on the bay for sat. – weather sounds pretty nice tooooo. – see you

Good luck to everyone – see u sat. –vid is like: 12 Mins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_is1roMIu5k

Attachments

• 0322BEST.jpg
    0322BEST.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 705DD1.jpg
    705DD1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 211
  • 705DD2.jpg
    705DD2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 705DD3.jpg
    705DD3.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 705DD4.jpg
    705DD4.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 192
A Gold nugget hunting coil

6 dd- 18.75 ,sound like a nice gold nugget coil,most gold nugget small coils are set at 18.75 or 19,happy gold nugget hunting Max,hitting north carolina? Congrad's i see you had some sucess with the smaller coil on gold next to the rock's in hard to get place's were a larger coil would be desired:dingding:Go Max,very good :yes:

Last edited:
I have to agree that this is a great little coil. I'm a new X-Terra user and spent months researching detectors before finally deciding on the 705. I have yet to be disappointed. The 6in DD HF coil is great! Don't get me wrong, the 10.5DD MF is good and it hits hard on DEEP aluminum cans. I'm almost ready to hit the recycling center to cash them in. :yes: I hit my local park for testing purposes when I first got it with the larger coils and dug lots of trash and a few coins. I went back with the 6in and came out with a lot more coins than the larger coil was picking up. It's also great with the small stuff. I found a couple pellets at 6-7inches down. I don't have a pinpointer, so it takes a while to find the stuff but I love digging in the dirt. It's all about the thrill of the hunt and more fun that way. I attached a pic of my latest finds with the 6inDD HF coil.

Attachments

• IMG_0587 (1024x725).jpg
    IMG_0587 (1024x725).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom