Searchcoil

YARDBYRD

Hello everyone......I have a white's MXT and am looking to buy a new searchcoil for trashy areas.. I know there are a few available for the MXT but i've been looking at the Whites Eclipse 5.3. I just wondered how it compared to the Eclipse DD?

Someone advised me to look into an excelerator coil(Which I know nothing about) but when i mentioned this to the dealer I bought the detector from he said that the Excelerator was Chinese made and White's did not recomend it for their Machines.

After thinking about it, it is probably wise to stick with the same brand(Whites) unless someone can show me a reason to think otherwise.
I hope someone out there knows more then I do about the subject.. Right now i'm leaning Towards the 5.3 Eclipse Is this a good choice?

My hunting partner has the 5.3 and it works great for him.. if I did more land hunting I would pick one up but I have been converted to water hunting :D

Just got my 5.3" Eclipse for the DFX. I did the same research you did, and decided that I have a Whites machine, might as well have the coil that was designed for it. I also heard the same thing about the Excelerator being Chinese made, and not recommended for my machine. May work just fine, but I would rather not take the chance. :yes:

Hey Krom, I just ordered one today, it was recomended by a good source.
I hope it works as well as I expect

I'm sorry YARDBYRD, I just got thru reading a Krom post and he was on my mind.
That is what you get when you start getting old "CRS"

Back
Top Bottom