New Member From Nags Head, North Carolina

obxcape

Hello!

I’m new to this forum and am looking for hints, pointers, and tricks of the trade.

I asked a long time relic hunter what machine he would recommend and he advised me to purchase a Minelabs Excalibur II. So, that’s what I’m using.

I do most all of my detecting on the beach, but I’ve found that with the erosion problems followed up with beach renourishment projects everything seems to be 2.5 feet to 4 feet deep!

I think it’s time to head to greener environs and dig in some dirt!

Joe Murphy
Nags Head, North Carolina

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast. What you are experiencing is common. Sometimes a pulse detector as a backup would be useful right now.

Welcome from Florida, Nags Head brings back a lot of memories for me, back in my surfing days I spent time there. There was a surf shop there called Whalebone junction wondering if it is still around ? Been 30 + yrs though. Man does time fly.

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina. I love detecting the beach due to the possibility of finding something good. Like you I do not like the re-nourished beaches but in time that sand will also wish the beach adios and the good targets will once again be available.

Back
Top Bottom