Whites MXT

jhnbaker

I want to apologize in advance because I know I have asked many questions about detectors and which one I should get but I was wondering about the Whites MXT. Is it comparable to the Tesoro brand for relic hunting (ie the Tejon or Vaquero vs the MXT).

Never used Tesoro's so I can't help you with a comparison, but I can tell
you that the MXT is a great all around machine.

Don't know much about Tesoro, but I know the MXT. It's an awesome relic machine. It's no slouch on coins or gold either. It goes deep even with a small coil.

Tesoro makes fine detectors although I too am not familiar with the specific model that would be the "relic model". The relic mode on the MXT is super easy to use and gives you two tones (high and low) that are adjustable. Good luck!

For relic hunting get the Tejon. The MXT is a better all around detector but the Tejon rocks on relics.

This may be too late for you John but others might benefit. I have used the MXT and have recently purchased a Tejon. The MXT operates at 7.5 khz and the Tejon at 17 khz. I haven't used the Tejon that much but in our low mineralized Ohio soil I think the MXT overall is a little better machine. The Tejon will go deeper but the discrimination is not as good as with the MXT.

Actually the MXT operates at 14khz and the Tejon runs from 17.2 to 17.6 khz . You are right in the fact that the MXT is a bit better detector overall.

Actually the MXT operates at 14khz and the Tejon runs from 17.2 to 17.6 khz . You are right in the fact that the MXT is a bit better detector overall.

You are very close on the MXT frequency Tony.

It actually runs at a nominal 13.889 KHz frequency. It may not sound like much of a difference, but it actually maximizes the spacing out of the MXT operating frequency from the 60 Hz power line harmonics. Given the high gain circuitry of the MXT, this extra immunity from power line harmonics is welcomed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom