Small Gold & a Save

Numil

Elite Member
Today's hunt was a fun one for me. Got to the beach before sunup and started hunting. I wasn't alone as a Mom and her 2 daughters showed up at the same time. As I began swinging the coil I noted the girls had headed down the beach about 100 yds and were searching with flashlights. Five min later the Mom comes over to me and asks if my detector would find a cell phone. Seems they lost it the afternoon before and their plane was leaving in a few hours to go back to Australia. "Sure, I say lead on".

We go to the area where she remembers being and literally on the 2nd line of my grid "BANG" the phone screams out from 2 inches below the surface. We found her phone, an iPhone 10. For 2 minutes of searching she tries to give me $100 I refuse and say no payment is necessary. Then the argument begins and she gets tough and DEMANDS I take something (a strong women and she's turning me on). So we settle on $10 which is the $10 bucks in the picture of days haul. She says gud'day and runs off to catch her plane. Aloha Sheila!

The rest of the hunt is pretty normal, searching knee deep surf to the top of the wet sand line. Other than coins, about $5 all clad btw, nothing special until the last 30 minutes of my 3 hr hunt. Then I hit a thin 10k band and a bit further on I find a couple of junk toe rings. Finally just as I'm about to quit I hit the mother load, or at least that's what I thought at the time. All within 1 yard of each I find 5 rings. They look like silver but later examination proves they are all junkers. Had a great time today.

On a side note, for those NOX users, the 10K gold band rang in at a solid "5". From experience, I've learned to dig any solid signal with the NOX.

Thanks for looking and Good Luck out there.

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 433
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 387
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 384
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 387
Some people can get quite demanding when they want to give you a reward. It must make them feel good to be able to do so. You did good taking the reward as she went home knowing she had given you a monetary thank you for your efforts.

Today's hunt was a fun one for me. Got to the beach before sunup and started hunting. I wasn't alone as a Mom and her 2 daughters showed up at the same time. As I began swinging the coil I noted the girls had headed down the beach about 100 yds and were searching with flashlights. Five min later the Mom comes over to me and asks if my detector would find a cell phone. Seems they lost it the afternoon before and their plane was leaving in a few hours to go back to Australia. "Sure, I say lead on".

We go to the area where she remembers being and literally on the 2nd line of my grid "BANG" the phone screams out from 2 inches below the surface. We found her phone, an iPhone 10. For 2 minutes of searching she tries to give me $100 I refuse and say no payment is necessary. Then the argument begins and she gets tough and DEMANDS I take something (a strong women and she's turning me on). So we settle on $10 which is the $10 bucks in the picture of days haul. She says gud'day and runs off to catch her plane. Aloha Sheila!

The rest of the hunt is pretty normal, searching knee deep surf to the top of the wet sand line. Other than coins, about $5 all clad btw, nothing special until the last 30 minutes of my 3 hr hunt. Then I hit a thin 10k band and a bit further on I find a couple of junk toe rings. Finally just as I'm about to quit I hit the mother load, or at least that's what I thought at the time. All within 1 yard of each I find 5 rings. They look like silver but later examination proves they are all junkers. Had a great time today.

On a side note, for those NOX users, the 10K gold band rang in at a solid "5". From experience, I've learned to dig any solid signal with the NOX.

Thanks for looking and Good Luck out there.
Good going on that phone,reward and gold! Congrats!

She sounded much different than many of the ones around here when they "ask" you to find something...

Those silver rings have some character... good hunt in my book...

Loved the Write up too! Although..certain details of your post were troubling to me!....

In this Sport theres two camps....Free Rangers out hunting for profit, and Non Profit Philanthropists! One can argue the detriments and benefits of each...Hey, you were out there in the dark...you had the gear and the skills, and you found a very expensive item speedily! Thats worth $100 all day long! And you talked her down?

I guess now we know what camp your tent is pitched!:laughing: You are killin' me Numil!:laughing: You coulda at least asked for a kiss and the flashlights!

:dingding::dingding: Dinger for the gold and a dinger for helping find the phone. Good job!

congrats nice finds there:D

Thanks brnco!

That was a great write up Numil loved every minute of it !!

Congrats all the way around !!

Aloha Shelia !!

Thanks!

Some people can get quite demanding when they want to give you a reward. It must make them feel good to be able to do so. You did good taking the reward as she went home knowing she had given you a monetary thank you for your efforts.

Yup, I thought she was gonna hold me down and stuff the cash in my pocket. Was tempeted to let her do it too! But negotiation is better that physical violence. As Lincoln said "There never was a Bad Peace nor was there ever a Good War" Still...?

Good going on that phone,reward and gold! Congrats!

Thanks!

Crazy those 5 are junkers! Nice gold ring and way to go in finding their phone!

Thanks Ground! Actually if you count the junker toe rings that was a total of 8 rings that day albiet 7 were junk. Oh well there's always next time.

She sounded much different than many of the ones around here when they "ask" you to find something...

Those silver rings have some character... good hunt in my book...

Yup but alas everything was junk but the small 10K ring.... next time!

Grats on the good.
Me, I'd have taken the reward lol

I was tempted but trufully I dont need the cash. Getting ready to retire for my 3rd time and will do a lot more pirating with the time off I'll have.

Loved the Write up too! Although..certain details of your post were troubling to me!....

In this Sport theres two camps....Free Rangers out hunting for profit, and Non Profit Philanthropists! One can argue the detriments and benefits of each...Hey, you were out there in the dark...you had the gear and the skills, and you found a very expensive item speedily! Thats worth $100 all day long! And you talked her down?

I guess now we know what camp your tent is pitched!:laughing: You are killin' me Numil!:laughing: You coulda at least asked for a kiss and the flashlights!

Even though she had two teen age daughters I considered it. I have been paid before with a peck on the cheek for finding someone's stuff but not that day.

Thanks for the write up! Grats on the phone return and gold ring!

THanks Metal! GG & HH

Anytime a woman offers me a 100$ I take it! But hey, I'm a pirate!
Nice hunt and congrats on the gold!

I'm a pirate at heart but have a soft spot for the wenches.

:dingding::dingding: Dinger for the gold and a dinger for helping find the phone. Good job!

THANKS Felix!

Awesome job....things like this give our hobby great PR

Thanks Pryan67!

Nice save on the yellow!!!

Thanks !

Great explanation of your day at the beach Numil. The gold and other rings were good captures but did you get the lady's address and phone number? I think you didn't tell the entire story.:whistle:

While I did not get the lass' home port I will say I wouldn't mine dropping me anchor in her lagoon. Take care out there and HH

Back
Top Bottom