Newbie here with a detector question.

S

scottone928

I am new to detectors and have been reading a lot on this site. I wanted to get some advice on some of the better beach detectors. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. My price range would be less than $500.00. I am still doing research and maybe some advice would narrow it down a little. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. First off have you checked out this site: http://metaldetectorreviews.net/ ? And second, I wish I lived near the beach! With beach detecting there are two ways to go, regular discriminating detectors like most people on land use, and PI (pulse induction) which picks up every little piece of metal and is more stable with the beach mineralization environment. Either type can be purchased in a waterproof model. I think Whites has one of each near your price range. Read the reviews and read the beach forum. Great finds with both types of machines are posted daily. Tesoro Tiger Shark and Sand Shark are a couple other machines. Most every dealer has beach models and most every model people swear by. Just don't get a cheapo off brand and you will most likely be happy. Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum. If you have to stay under 500 then you are restricted to a land detector that you can use on the beach. The lowest cost actual water detector is the tiger shark at 599.20. I caution you with getting a land detector for exclusive beach use : there are many oportunities to get it wet and corrosion can happen even when not water hunting. The environment can cause damage. If you need anymore help please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom