Newbie need HELP!

H

hunkojunk1

I would like some advice on purchasing a cheap (50.00-100.00 (ebay)) detector as a starter.
I have familiarized myself with form and function and just need recommendations on reliable low end brands & models. I ran across some Treasure Hunter 3030 on ebay that are supposed to be 700.00 detectors,but they some reviews I read are calling them cheap knock-offs & junk? - While reviews for low end BH-Discovery 1100 have been good. I don't have any personal experience to rely on - any opinions would be great!

The low end detectors ( below $150 will either not work well, but the ones that are reliable will leave you wanting for more. Radio Shack is clearing out their detector line nationwide. Their top end machine (Discovery 3300) was around $300. It is now $111.00. This would be a good low cost starter. Next best deal is the ACE 150 or 250. The 250 is well worth the xtra $50 over the 150. I started with a Discovery 1000 received as a gift. Although limited, I had a blast finding coins.

I second the recommendation in your price range. Hopefully, you can still find one. I love my 3300! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom