Recommendation for a travel scoop?

Anyone use the RTG PRO ALUMINUM MINI TRAVEL WATER SCOOP?

prowater733travelbig.jpg

Anyone use the RTG PRO ALUMINUM MINI TRAVEL WATER SCOOP?

prowater733travelbig.jpg
I use the aluminum travel scoop and I can tell you it's not junk. I probably don't spend as much time in the water as some on the site do but I've used it quite a few times and it doesn't show much wear. I bought the travel because I ride a motorcycle all summer and needed something that would break down.

I use the stainless version of that scoop. It's a great scoop! Make sure you get some extra spring clips because they will wear/rust out.
I don't know if mine is considered the mini or not but the two parts are not held together with a spring clip. They have a screw that can be screwed in or out with a coin. It's very rigid once it's together.

I took my Stealth 720i on vacation, I just paid like $6 for a shovel handle when I got there. Brought my small socket wrench with me. Worked out great. I almost bought that RTG travel scoop, but was concerned about handle durability.

I don't know if mine is considered the mini or not but the two parts are not held together with a spring clip. They have a screw that can be screwed in or out with a coin. It's very rigid once it's together.

Well, mine is about 15 years old so hopefully they changed the connector with something better

brainworm

The Aluminum with ss lip held up for years of water hunting, Cfmct-pi , has a Babbs that has lasted over 11 years, and is still used hard, I no longer own the 6 wide RTG scoops , I had 2, I only run SunSpot 8x12s now 20 degree, there is nothing wrong with the aluminum, they are light, sorry but I have tested along with other's, sorry for your lemon, happy hunting, Earl Ps I had two ,never used the one in the pick because it never broke and held up great over the years.

Attachments

• 20110612_6.JPG
    20110612_6.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 200
  • scoop foot pad mod 001.JPG
    scoop foot pad mod 001.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 20111005_5.JPG
    20111005_5.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 274
Back
Top Bottom