Monstrik-10 or Sun Spot the RTG could not hold up :(

HuntNGold

Ok everyone I need your advice on these 2. The aluminum rtg scoop I have could not hold up to the lake conditions I hunt in, meaning there is alot of clay but it could not hadle the torqe of the endless digging and ripped at the welds. So I am upgrading to a stainless steel one. I have been drooling over the Monstrick-10 but saw the Sun Spot but I need your expertise on the two or maybe an other that can handle my type of digging.

I'm having a similar debate right now. I need a wider scoop. My SS RTG is great, but when the water is rough, it's hard to pinpoint and I just want to get the target dug before the hole get sloshed in and out.

If you broke an RTG like that,nothing is gonna hold up.A wooden handle on those other scoops is gonna be the first of your problems.I got an RTG aluminum i added a long stainless lip to.I torque down on it like nobodies business and never broke a weld yet.I'd contact Reilly's Treasure Gold direct and tell them what happened.Instead of a wood handle you may need to use a stainless pole or the aluminum one off your RTG.Wood scoop handles break all the time.I got mine leaning in a corner while i'm using my RTG.

If you broke an RTG like that,nothing is gonna hold up.A wooden handle on those other scoops is gonna be the first of your problems.I got an RTG aluminum i added a long stainless lip to.I torque down on it like nobodies business and never broke a weld yet.I'd contact Reilly's Treasure Gold direct and tell them what happened.Instead of a wood handle you may need to use a stainless pole or the aluminum one off your RTG.Wood scoop handles break all the time.I got mine leaning in a corner while i'm using my RTG.

Well I had gotten it from Kelly $% and it is not like the ones i see that now have the added support at the weld. And as far as the handle for a Monstrik I have thought about that allready and have that covered if I go with that one.

Stealth scoop with a hisco fiberglass post hole digger handle, I use the 5 footer. Bright orange and floats.
I doubt you will break either one.

july21-5rs.jpg

Last edited:
i have a monstrik and its the biggest scoop ive ever seen! you cannot go wrong with a stavr scoop

Iron's fiberglass handle

Nice fiberglass handle,5ft long and how round,without measuring my hybrid 20 degree handle's,howboutit i forgot the demention,thank's earl

I went through the same desicions. I just ordered a Monstrik-10 from Ruslan. From what I've seen on Utube and others opinions, It'll work well for me. Stainless steel will always be superior to aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom