Sunray Probe For My XLT

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
recently bought a fisher F75 with a sun ray probe and really like the sunray probe on it but since i will use the XLT more than the F75 i bought on for the XLT...kinda wish it had a coiled cord but itll do fine i reckon.

Attachments

• sunray.JPG
    sunray.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
how much did that cost, I want one.

you can get one for about $170 but it has to be compatiable with your machine..they have a big selection for variouse machines....i see you have a DFX they make one for that :)

I dont really know how to use it. I posted a different thing on the buying metal detector section. You can read why there.

I wouldn't be without the DX-1 on my MXT. Don't know how I could go back to the Vibraprobe that served me well for many years.
The probe adds weight so if I am hunting for a long time I stick it in my pocket.

Attachments

• P1010154_0154_154.jpg
    P1010154_0154_154.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 198
I think they should be standard equipment on all detectors. Amazing depth! I can get over 3'' in moist soils
I don't dig too much any more just locate the target press pinpoint draw a small X with it and pop it out with screwdriver. You can turn your sens all the way up for extra depth.

Its really handy for pocket spills before you get up check the area in arms length and remove all targets. Its just like having an extra on-board coil with a toggle switch to go back and forth

just dont do what i did yesterday and swing your machine for 20min before you realize you forgot to switch the toggle from pin point to coil :roll:

A bit more?

yup! it gets a bit more depth and you still get the readings on your screen.

R U kidding me, My DX1 out performs any pinpointer I ever had. It use it so much, I don't even bother clipping it back onto the shaft. If it has one fault, I would make the diameter a little smaller, and the cord would be coiled...Gil

just dont do what i did yesterday and swing your machine for 20min before you realize you forgot to switch the toggle from pin point to coil :roll:

Yesterday, I was swing for at least 20 min before I realized the plug to my coil was not even plugged into the machine! LOL! The whole time, I thought the place I was huntin' was extremely trashy. :p

Back
Top Bottom