Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Eye Popping, Mind Blowing Finds

Old 04-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on that amazing find!

Old 04-14-2019, 03:26 PM

Your good fortune reminds me of my first gold ring many years ago and what a great feeling it is. Enjoy the feeling until the next one comes along and I am sure it will. Congrats on a great find.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Elite Member

Awesome first ring. Congratulations

Old 04-15-2019, 07:38 AM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Scooterjim View post
There has to be a story on why someone would make such an ugly ring. When Grandma died Grandpa had some of her jewelry made into rings, I wonder if it's something like that. That wasn't cheap to have made.
Yeah that saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" sometimes makes sense.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Saltshaker View post
Holy Honker!!!! That is a huge ring! Congrats on a nice find. So whats the story on this? How did you find it and what were you using?
The signal rang up around 61/62 on the Garrett AT Pro. I searched deeds and nobody had those initials who owned the house. It was just a yard find. I was pretty excited. I thought it was going to be another piece of aluminum siding but figured I would need to just dig everything and it paid off.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterjim View post
There has to be a story on why someone would make such an ugly ring. When Grandma died Grandpa had some of her jewelry made into rings, I wonder if it's something like that. That wasn't cheap to have made.
Yes, that is what I figure. I wonder what those stones originally came off of but will never know. I also wonder how old the previous items they came off of where. I mean, the stones are super old as diamonds but interesting to think of what life they had after being cut.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by twizzlerlord View post
Congrats on that amazing find!
Originally Posted by LawrencetheMDer View post
Your good fortune reminds me of my first gold ring many years ago and what a great feeling it is. Enjoy the feeling until the next one comes along and I am sure it will. Congrats on a great find.
Originally Posted by pryan67 View post
Awesome first ring. Congratulations
Thanks, I will try and ride the wave.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
Yeah that saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder" sometimes makes sense.
I should see if they can resize on me and try and look like the old mafia types. Hard to tell if this was meant for a man or women depending on the era.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Supporter

That is a bonified honker. Congrats buddy!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:56 PM

Default Dang!

What a big ring!! Stellar find!

Tags
diamond ring, gemstone, gold ring