Question about sealing coil cover onto coil

beernutz

I bought the coil cover for my Surf Pro PI and also some GE Silicone 2 with which to attach the coil to the cover.

What is the best procedure for attaching them?
Should I coat the entire inside of the cover with silicone then put it on the coil?
Or should I just run a ring of silicone around the inside and outside coil cover seams?
Or should the silicone go onto the coil instead of the cover?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I bought the coil cover for my Surf Pro PI and also some GE Silicone 2 with which to attach the coil to the cover.

What is the best procedure for attaching them?
Should I coat the entire inside of the cover with silicone then put it on the coil?
Or should I just run a ring of silicone around the inside and outside coil cover seams?
Or should the silicone go onto the coil instead of the cover?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I just coat the seems on top inside and out... its easy on the 950 coil but I'm not sealing the new 300 coil on my Dual Field... If I use it at all I will remove it after each use..

I just coat the seems on top inside and out... its easy on the 950 coil but I'm not sealing the new 300 coil on my Dual Field... If I use it at all I will remove it after each use..

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.

I had questions about that too. The guy where I bought my cover told me to snap it on and there was no reason to ever take it off. But, it gets dirt in there and especially sand when on the beach. Then, when in water that makes a real mess. I just popped it back off and cleaned everything up. I would be leery of sealing mine as I don't think I want it "permanent"

I believe I will forego coil covers .. at least for a while. If I do get some wear, I am contemplating coating the bottom side of the coil with the material that you dip tool handles in and it provides a 'rubberized' grip. I did this on the handle of my digging tool and it works great. Really wears well. RickO

I believe I will forego coil covers .. at least for a while. If I do get some wear, I am contemplating coating the bottom side of the coil with the material that you dip tool handles in and it provides a 'rubberized' grip. I did this on the handle of my digging tool and it works great. Really wears well. RickO

I have herd of people going with the bedliner material used for trucks.

Here's another way to fix coil wear

I Use Loc-tite Marine Epoxy On My 300/super12 Coil....i Was Sick Of Cleaning Out Coil Covers Every Day!! This Stuff Is Great!! Got It At Walmart In Sportng Goods Dept.

Wrong side beachhunter JK

I have been thinking of trying the bed liner I like the looks of it, much cleaner looking, yours looks great compared to some i have seen....

I Did The Whole Coil

Wrong side beachhunter JK

I have been thinking of trying the bed liner I like the looks of it, much cleaner looking, yours looks great compared to some i have seen....

YA I COVERED IT ALL LOOKED BETTER! THIS STUFF IS TOUGH!!

I have to be honest George.. I don't like that because I hunt in alot of rocky area's and I bump into rocks and that stuff will wear faster than a coil cover but to each their own I say ;) I like my pretty yellow coil as well :)

It's Holding Up Well!!

I have to be honest George.. I don't like that because I hunt in alot of rocky area's and I bump into rocks and that stuff will wear faster than a coil cover but to each their own I say ;) I like my pretty yellow coil as well :)
IT'S REALLY HOLDING UP WELL... I HAVE BEEN HUNTING SOME REALLY ROCKY SPOTS TOO.... PLUS I SCRUB THE BEACH SAND WITH MY COIL..:cool:

Back
Top Bottom