small town with one acre park

Broncstomper

hey everybody,
managed to get out for a couple hours in this small park about fifty miels south of dallas. spent one hour talking to an older couple wondering what i was doing. found a 1968 dime and a 1999 dime with a little trash to go with it. it was nice getting out in the warm sunshine. anyway going to try to go back tomorrow. still getting use to this prizm v. HH

it's hard huntin in texas, we'll never get what they have up north or on the west coast or in the deep south. But out in the sticks, you might run across some old outlaw loot or spanish caches. good luck n don't give up hope!

I agree with Irish....it is hard huntin here.....just keep at it, and do your research....for instance I know there is allegedly alarge amount of silver stashed near where live...it was hidden by an outlaw who robbed our bank....I have a feeling I know where it is, just gotta get permisson to hunt there:D

Hey Broncstomper.....Hang in there with that Prizm V....it's a really great detector....There's still some goodie's to be found all over Texas.....

hey everybody,
managed to get out for a couple hours in this small park about fifty miles south of dallas....

Have you done a good sweep of your own yard? How old is your house?

The park has been hunted before - your own yard has probably never seen a detector. If you house is old, you could find some nice coins there.

I owned a house built in 1917, and I pulled over a hundred coins from the yard. (It was on a corner near the downtown area, which is prime territory in any small town).

There are lots of opportunities in Texas... Mexican silver, Spanish silver, old gold, caches etc. Not likely to find colonial coins of course (might though) and revolutionary war relics would not be there. Still a lot of good things to be found in Texas. RickO

hey dan, yeah there was and old farm house from about 1925 to 1930 that was in my front pasture. i bulldozed it down. burned it and buried the rest. i did a search out there by the cistern and found a 1953 half dollar. lots of trash but i try to get out there everyday

hey dan, yeah there was and old farm house from about 1925 to 1930 that was in my front pasture. i bulldozed it down. burned it and buried the rest. i did a search out there by the cistern and found a 1953 half dollar. lots of trash but i try to get out there everyday

Old farmhouses are often disappointing. Listen to my program about that:

#030 at http://thetreasurecorner.com

Click the pink button and it will play on your computer.

Old farmhouses are often disappointing

Disappointing if you're looking primarily for valuables and coins. However there are often a lot of cool personal effects and relics to be found. When I got my first detector in the mid-80s in west central SD and was hunting old homesteads, I learned quickly that I wasn't going to find a lot of trophies, but I found a lot of other neat things in the process.

Congrats on the half dollar.

Disappointing if you're looking primarily for valuables and coins. However there are often a lot of cool personal effects and relics to be found.

Good point! I was speaking of coins.

If you're into curious relics, you'll find a ton of them around an old farmstead.

Try around the old bridges that go into downtown dallas going over the Trinity...I have foud several Merc dimes a few rings and old tools that were dropped while under construction. Watchout for Copperheads though !!!

Back
Top Bottom