hi from kentucky

kentucky_bob

i just found this forum and signed up. i am new to this hobby and would appreciate any tips that can be passed along. oh yea i forgot to use kentucky slang....hi yall.

Welcome to the board...

My tip... Research and patience....

Go where the coins are and don't expect to find something every second.

The place I hunt I average a coin every 10 minutes, but I also dig my fair share of trash...

Luck also has a place in it.... My first day out I pulled a silver quarter. 3 months later and I only have a total of 5 silver coins...

Get to know your detector and what it is telling you. Oh and get a Pin Pointer... Even a Harbor Freight $16.99 special is better than nothing. http://www.harborfreight.com/metal-detector-97245.html

Cheers!

thanks for the tips. not really sure how to go about researching. i have checked the internet for info on my area of the state with little or no success. i did swing my detector at the fair grounds and found over two dollars in clad. not bad for a new guy.

Welcome aboard! You came to the right place! You can get pretty much all the answers you need here.

Hey Kentucky Bob, I guess we are neighbors, well sort of........I live on the Carter/Elliott Co line on Grayson Lake. My Dad is originally from Martin Co.....Warfield. We should get together and hunt sometime! My email is [email protected]

hi from s.w. mo. lots of great imfo on this forum. roam around and take a look. blev

howdy back ! and welcome from seattle! your from my old home state! i would love to come back there and detect the tobacco farms i worked on i still have 2 shoe boxes full of arrow and spear heads that i picked up while following the setter, i havent looked at them in 30 years im gonna have to pull them out someday and see if they are worth anything!, anyways good luck to you and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom