The Gold Wasn’t Over for September – ONE MORE!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I didn’t think I was going to go out for another hunt again but last night I saw that low tide was at 6:15 am so that gave me a bit of a window. However, the winds were increasing so I didn’t know what type of surf would meet me for sunrise. I was parking by the beach a bit after 6 am and as I got out of the car I noticed very strong on-shore 20-25 mph winds moving the palm fronds to and fro so I knew that the surf would be rough. As I got out there, I regretted not having my Deleon with the CSC and just making it a dry sand hunt. Making lemonade out of lemons – wet sand with Merlin it is! I saw no visible erosion I could work but I just went along the shore and noticed in a mid-point area running parallel to shore I was hitting occasional greenies. I tried working the near shore in the water for a bit but there was just a lack of targets and would get hit by the rough surf, so back to the wet sand. At about half way through my 3 hour hunt I hear a faint & scratchy “highish tone”. I give it one deep scoop, empty check the hole with the coil and the target is out. I then wave the coil over the pile of sand and get a lovely mid-tone and notice a something metallic sticking out that doesn’t look like a nickel but the bottom of a ring. I pick it up and :dingding:. Merlin works his magic for the 2nd hunt in a row! I kept at it for another 1½ hours before calling it quits and heading home. One of the FMDF members let me know before I posted this that it is called a "Mother's Ring" for the birthstones representing on for each child. After Friday's paltry little earring this one definitely puts the slump in the rear view mirror. ;)

(I would like to add that early in the hunt I tried to help a young couple find a chain and crucifix that the young man had lost the night before in the dry, but I don’t think he was really sure of the area he lost it. Also, as I was leaving, a young woman comes to see me to try to help her find her car key and fob that was in her stolen bag from the day before. The thieves had dumped some of the contents nearby that she was able to get some things back but not the car key. I was really hoping I could get it back to her but I really don’t think they dumped the key as they probably took it thinking they were going to find her car and break in).

Attachments

• 9-30-18.jpg
    9-30-18.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 522
  • 9-30-18 Ring.jpg
    9-30-18 Ring.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 9-30-18 Fits.jpg
    9-30-18 Fits.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 450
  • 9--30-18 Ring detail.jpg
    9--30-18 Ring detail.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 9-30-18 Peru (1).jpg
    9-30-18 Peru (1).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 9-30-18 Peru (2).jpg
    9-30-18 Peru (2).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Good find Felix.... Congrats! I've found a couple of those Mom rings and from the number of stones in your's it looks like Mom was busy.

Nice photo lineup. I live the green quarters (evidencing that they're not fresh drops), and ... of course ..... the gold ring.

Back
Top Bottom