hey new forum guy

odin909

hey all new to the forum . Want to get into metal detecting . I live right by the beach in ny , i was thinking of getting a fisher f22 as my first detector . Would this be a good idea. I dont plan on searching in the water .

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I'll let those familiar with the Fisher F22 to answer your question, and you could also do a forum search and youtube search in the meantime.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome to the forum.

I wish I lived near the beach.

The gold some folks here find on the beaches is killing me..Lol

hey all new to the forum . Want to get into metal detecting . I live right by the beach in ny , i was thinking of getting a fisher f22 as my first detector . Would this be a good idea. I dont plan on searching in the water .

Hello and welcome to the forum. Here is a previous thread regarding the F22 on beaches.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=247363

Personally, I first tried using a Tesoro sand shark PI detector (NJ coastal beaches) and found I was digging iron all day. After several trips I decided to reclaim some sanity and go with an Equinox and have never been happier. I don't have experience with Fischer units but from what I saw in the thread, it looks as though folks advise against using that particular unit for beaches. Good luck and happy hunting!

Greg

Welcome to the forum. Lots and lots of experience readily shared around here. Use the search function. I've been able to find reliable information on just about any question I could think of. Out in the field, swinging, is where you learn the most though!

Back
Top Bottom