is $2499 really the price?

Swing360

curbstrip nut
Forum Supporter
Is that our "forum" price on the CTX? Seems like retail to me?

I don't need anyone to post prices just a simple yay or nay to it being cheaper.

Maybe I need to call around more?

Yeah, I made the call to a few prior to my posting which is why I made this thread. Guess I need to call some other sponsors instead.

I got a great deal on mine from Marcus . At Hollands Brook and flphil is great to deal with as well.

I got a great deal on mine from Marcus . At Hollands Brook and flphil is great to deal with as well.

I called Phil this AM, but a pleasent lady said he would be out until tomorrow. I think I may just call him tomorrow, but go a different route. Instead of the CTX.

I've been inundated with PM's from useres that are swinging them and those that aren't letting me know about the leak issues (which I sort of knew about).

I think I am going with the CZ and an Etrac instead.

big thing is the price is set by Minelab and if they find out a dealer is selling below that price they can get in trouble and Whites is even worse ... with Whites a dealer can not list MD's they can only link you to Whites page and you can not even post a price for a used machine

big thing is the price is set by Minelab and if they find out a dealer is selling below that price they can get in trouble and Whites is even worse ... with Whites a dealer can not list MD's they can only link you to Whites page and you can not even post a price for a used machine

I understand that.

I called PRIOR to making this thread. Was just kind of shocked that when I asked if that was the final price I was given a yes.

You can get them cheaper, Just don't post where. Minelab is cracking down on sellers. Can pretty much tell you the next version that comes out is gonna be over 3 grand. And they're gonna make sure everybody pays 3 grand. In doing that, they'll be able to charge a dealer more to move their product. Dealer gets one for $2900. You pay 3 grand with free shipping. Actually glad I don't have to make my living selling detectors:no:

All the dealers on here seem like good guys, it's best to call for the best price since most will give discounts to forum members and better prices than those allowed to be posted online per manufacturer rules. I purchased a V3i this past Dec. and Phil was able to give me a V3i for a very good price, I actually thought I could only afford a VX3, until I spoke with him and was informed of some options which I didn't know existed.

I imagine you can get 20-30% off MAP for higher end detectors depending on brand and dealer if you shop around. Can depend a lot on whether they are just drop shipping or have one on hand and need to free up some funds.

I called Phil this AM, but a pleasent lady said he would be out until tomorrow. I think I may just call him tomorrow, but go a different route. Instead of the CTX.

I've been inundated with PM's from useres that are swinging them and those that aren't letting me know about the leak issues (which I sort of knew about).

I think I am going with the CZ and an Etrac instead.

Might want to look into the V3i as well. CZ21 & V3i would be a killer combo.

You could buy 2 excellent detectors...one for dirt, one for the beach...and still have a grand in your pocket...$2500 for a CTX is insane:laughing:

You could buy 2 excellent detectors...one for dirt, one for the beach...and still have a grand in your pocket...$2500 for a CTX is insane:laughing:

I'd love to try a 3030, and if I had the money, I'd buy one, however if that's all I could spend, I think I would go 2 detectors instead of the one. I'd probably go the CZ21 and V3i route. This way I had a beach specific detector as well as a land specific detector. The V3i is also a good choice for the beach as it is multi-freq and has some really nice options for beach hunting. I'd say CZ21/F75 but the V3i is more versatile than the F75.

Theres detectors out there that are even more then 2499 you always have choices if you dont like you can always resell most detectors dont lose that much value looking at the for sale thread and waiting awhile after a new version comes out price always comes down.Just like car shopping choices and more choices good luck with whatever you choose to do happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom