Decisions, Decisions!

JStunt

Back when I was a kid I used to have an old cheap BH from Walmart that quickly became a fad for me, however in the last month or so, ive really picked up the hobby again and its only making me more and more interested the more i research!

I've been playing around with my brothers Ace 250 and since i've purchased a Cen-Tech (backup) and a White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer which has come in handy. I suppose my brother and I have become quite the duo taking turns using the machines.

However... I'm ready to purchase my own so I am able to go out freely whenever I want without having to borrow my brothers Ace 250.

I considered the Ace 350, but I've really been eying the AT Pro as I would want to buy a machine that I will be happy with and not feel the need to upgrade shortly after purchase.

I do mainly coin shooting at parks and fields, but also have access to a very large public lake, rivers, streams, mountains area. I'm really thinking the AT Pro would suit me well.

Any advice? :cool:

If you want to go in the lake it is the only one in that price range that you can buy.. Look at used units as many just keep upgrading and never even use a MD long enough to really learn it!

After using several detectors, like more than a dozen, and currently using a few different detectors.... If you do not specifically plan to get in the water with your AT Pro, then consider a Fisher F2 or F5. They are easy to learn and can find anything and AT Pro can find! I also own an AT Pro, and all things considered it is not so far and away better than my Fishers that I would prefer it over them, which I don't really.

Fisher detectors are way under rated, and alot of us started with the F2 and have nothing but good to say about it. The fisher line up detectors are better than teh ACE series in many ways, mainly target recovery speed, number IDs, and faster response time when you swing over a target.

I've used my AT Pro about 6-8 times, and at this point in the game, I am not convinced that the AT Pro is THAT much better than my Fishers! Sure, the F series can't get in the water like tha AT Pro, but on land they can compete just fine with the Garretts. I have found MORE good stuff wiht my Fishers than I have with the AT Pro.

I like my AT Pro, but I sure haven't started a love affair with it yet... seems targets are too random, as in all over the scale whereas with my Fishers, I know what most targets are before i ever dig them because of how the Fisher detectors assign ranges to the specific metals. I find myself just having to dig it all with the AT Pro because the numbers are all over the place...lol

Someday I may fall in love with my AT Pro after more time with it, but as it stands right now, I don't see it being any better for detecting old homesteads and parks than my fishers...

Had my AT pro for 2 years now. Really like being able to go from dry to wet areas with no trouble. Quite a good machine

Back
Top Bottom