• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

garret clone pinpointer

Mine worked for about a month then began to be difficult to get it to power on. Also had to be right on top of the target to get a signal. Returned for a refund and ordered a Garrett. If possible just get a Garrett and avoid the knockoff.

Carrot

Go with this !!

Attachments

• PHIL.jpg
    PHIL.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 259
In the end, where did they learn it? American companies coming to them asking for the cheapest thing they can make to sell to American consumers. To call American consumers "unsuspecting" is a little naive. I'd say we all know we're buying junk when we do so, but don't care because of the low price/convenience.

I've been converting my tools both in my garage and for my company to USA manufactured products. "Assembled in the USA from foreign components" doesn't count. I'm having a tough time finding some of the tools to do so. Pretty much can't shop at any large local retailer. Try to find a Nicholson brand file at Lowe's....Oh wait, they moved manufacturing to mexico anyway...

Sad thing is, even the stuff we make here isn't of a higher quality any more. Unless you're buying niche products and paying out the nose for them, you're likely getting the same poorly-made junk, just at a higher price.

We forgot how to manufacture goods folks. This is no accident.
The dis-assembly of America has been planned and rolling for a good long time and if it continues, we won't even have a work force skilled enough to figure out how to run a machine if we did decide to become a little more self sufficient.

Anyway, soapbox open. :theatral:

I agree with what you said. You and I would get along just fine.

A lot of schools these days don't even have shop classes. Kids couldn't even change a tire on their car since they have never learned how. It all boils down to them being rewarded with good grades whether they earned them or not because they don't want anyone to be left out. Probably more of that they never want to see them in their class again because of their behavior.

The link in the original post redirects me to a different probe. Is this just the same probe by a different seller or a different probe all together?

Search flebay for-
Automatic Pro Pointer Pinpointer Metal Detector Waterproof ProPointer F9c6
Same thing for $19

In the end, where did they learn it? American companies coming to them asking for the cheapest thing they can make to sell to American consumers. To call American consumers "unsuspecting" is a little naive. I'd say we all know we're buying junk when we do so, but don't care because of the low price/convenience.

I've been converting my tools both in my garage and for my company to USA manufactured products. "Assembled in the USA from foreign components" doesn't count. I'm having a tough time finding some of the tools to do so. Pretty much can't shop at any large local retailer. Try to find a Nicholson brand file at Lowe's....Oh wait, they moved manufacturing to mexico anyway...

Sad thing is, even the stuff we make here isn't of a higher quality any more. Unless you're buying niche products and paying out the nose for them, you're likely getting the same poorly-made junk, just at a higher price.

The dis-assembly of America has been planned and rolling for a good long time and if it continues, we won't even have a work force skilled enough to figure out how to run a machine if we did decide to become a little more self sufficient.

What he said!

I think the exact same thing could be said about Australia. We used to know how to make products of all sorts to an excellent standard here, but we've let it all go.

Why ~~ because Americans are too cheap to pay for quality. Save a quarter buying a shirt from Viet Nam or buy one made in the US? Years ago when I lived in OH there was a GM plant in Lordstown Ohio, still there for a short time. You could hardly find any US made cars in the employee parking lot (many of those cars are built here now).
Don't discount American greed. My dad came home one day and said he did not have to worry about his grandchildren working a steel mill any longer. The USWU contract had about 20% of the workforce getting 13 weeks vacation . So what happened to Gary IN, Youngstown OH, and cities around Pittsburgh? Little steel is made in the US any more. A grade 8 bolt should be the same no matter where the steel is made, don't count on it any longer!
Take a look at pictures of Detroit and the cities where the atomic bombs were dropped then and now. The Japanese cities are modern and beautiful. Detroit, the once manufacturing capital is now mostly a slum.
Americans did it to themselves!

my buddy has one. like most people say, it's !!!!. it does work, but the range is pathetic. buy the real one.

Back
Top Bottom