Brand new to board and hobby.

Welcome from WV and sounds like you’ll be getting started off right!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

My gear coming in at the end of the week (hopefully!) : Garrett AT Pro MD; Garrett Propointer AT Pinpointer; Lesche All Purpose Digging Tool - Left Side Serrations. What am I missing?

BTW, thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. So glad I found this site!

My gear coming in at the end of the week (hopefully!) : Garrett AT Pro MD; Garrett Propointer AT Pinpointer; Lesche All Purpose Digging Tool - Left Side Serrations. What am I missing?

BTW, thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. So glad I found this site!

You're welcome. :D

I would definitely recommend using a pair of gloves. :yes: They'll protect your hands from the shredded pop cans, nails, screws, fishing hooks, etc. that you will find. I use a pair of leather work gloves that I got from Menards, for under $5. Also, there are many instances from people on here who have been MDing in areas that are highly populated with drug use where their gloves have saved them from being poked by needles in the ground. :shock:

Happy hunting, hope your metal detector comes soon and that you'll find some goodies fast! :mder:

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 72

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 77
Stick with it, Luke. Unless you are purely coinshooting, digging up trash is inevitable. I've really only been at it for 4 months, and I've retrieved over 3000 coins, 13 rings, and probably 20 earrings and charms/necklace pendants. I've got two AT Max models, so very similar machines.

Welcome, you made a good choice. The AT Pro is a good all around detector. Happy Hunting 😀

Back
Top Bottom