Garrett Treasure Bag Belt = Garbage

I had one of those bags and the belt on it is garbage and didn't last a month.
I have opted for the nerd look and bought an Uncle Milty fishing vest to carry most things.

Ok OP3CRIMSIN, I experienced the same problems as you did, with the belt. This solved that problem. Plain old army surplus LC-2 Pistol Belt ($6 +/-) and tough as nails.
Belt LC-2 Pistol.jpg

Then there is the matter of the belt loops. I used the Garrett belt itself, to make the loops........works great, and it lowers the pouch to a more desirable level, for me, anyway.

Buzz 7.jpg Buzz 4.jpg

Belt 6a.jpg Belt3.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

Ok OP3CRIMSIN, I experienced the same problems as you did, with the belt. This solved that problem. Plain old army surplus LC-2 Pistol Belt ($6 +/-) and tough as nails.

Then there is the matter of the belt loops. I used the Garrett belt itself, to make the loops........works great, and it lowers the pouch to a more desirable level, for me, anyway.

Gawd that's beautiful!

Its funny that I saw this thread, and yes the existing Garrett belt is useless.

I just modified my Garrett pouch.

Just like the others I cut off the existing belt from the pouch and used it for the new belt loops.
Sewed them onto the pouch and used a 2" wide web belt for the new belt.

Happy with the way it came out and works very well.

The belt is a real pain like the pistol belt idea. Will modify in the off season. Thanks Mark

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I used to use military pistol belts but my newer pouches wouldn't fit over the wide belt. I still have a couple of the belts around here somewhere. I may have to hunt them up and see what I can come up with.

I used to use military pistol belts but my newer pouches wouldn't fit over the wide belt. I still have a couple of the belts around here somewhere. I may have to hunt them up and see what I can come up with.

Yep, they are the best and toughest belt you'll find. Love mine. You'll just have to get someone to " make-shift" you, some 3" belt loops, on one of your bags. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom