F70?

InItToDigIt

Anyone here use the F70? I'm already addicted to the hobby and I know it's going to be a lifelong hobby. I'm currently using a friends Tesoro silver but I would like a number display. I want a mid level detector because I'm willing to take the time to learn the machine and don't want to upgrade in a few yrs like I probably would if I were to go with the F2 or ace250. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. HH! :surrender:

I have an F75, from what I hear the F70 is a great, deep seeking detector. I can't really comment too much on it but it has all the features you need. The one thing I would suggest is that you get the 11in DD coil for it.

There are lots of positives owning the 70. Cost is one of them. It's the little brother to the 75. It has a few less settings but has all you need. The SL mode is the one that goes deep in cleaner hunting areas. Also it's control head is mounted on the S-shaft that gives it a sturdy feel. Since there are no knobs a simple and cheap bag is all you need for a rain cover. For around 30 bucks more you can buy it with the 11 inch DD coil.

Anyone here use the F70? I'm already addicted to the hobby and I know it's going to be a lifelong hobby. I'm currently using a friends Tesoro silver but I would like a number display. I want a mid level detector because I'm willing to take the time to learn the machine and don't want to upgrade in a few yrs like I probably would if I were to go with the F2 or ace250. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. HH! :surrender:

The Fisher F70 is a VERY deep detector. Maybe not the best urban area hunter though. What do you hunt for and where?

Give me a ring I would be glad to tell you about it and give you several other great options! Be sure to look at the Garrett AT Pro as well!

Save your Money

get the F75se with Boost, Bart can hook you up, comes with the 11dd & 5dd, both killer coils, the little 5 inch is surprising , you will love the machine, were as you will be upgrading from the F70 to this down the road, the learning curve is more, but the out come will be rewarding, here is a 14k gold band found with the F75se with the 5dd , on a side walk strip, get the F75se, Earl

Attachments

• 20120127_1.JPG
    20120127_1.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 228
Absolutely love mine.
Went from using a few Tesoros, (still do), to an F2 for about 3 years and found a ton with all and especially that F2 because I used it the most.
Moving to the F70 was effortless because of the experience I had learning the Fisher language using that F2 for about 1000 hours.

As far as what it can find you can put down on that list just about everything from very large to extremely small targets.

The learning curve can be a big one if you experiment as much as I do trying just about all combinations I can think of, but this is something I love to do and with the almost endless possibilities of combinations I am far from ever being bored and won't be for a long time.
Be that as it may, I am finally settling down and using some specific settings in certain situations more often than not and I have supreme confidence in these settings although I still like to change things up to see the effect it can have on depth an sensitivity at different sites.

I have the 11" DD coil as well as the 5" DD, both are remarkable in what they can do and the depth they can get to.
I have dug targets at 12-15" in DE, not SL, which is the F70 version of boost with the 11" DD coil.
The standard elliptical coil is no slouch, I have dug targets at 10" so far using that one.

The F70 can be a chameleon, super deep on some settings, and turn the sense down and it becomes a laser like and precise like a scalpel, even when using the large DD coil.
I have had clear, repeatable dig me signals on dimes at 5" on a sensitivity of 19...which is out of a 100, less than 20%.

The natural language of all the F series detectors are chatty, but no matter how chatty they are when they swing over targets they always get down to business and let you know.

As much as the extra features on the F75 are neat, I don't see a real need to upgrade and spend the money to get them at this time for myself.
The F70 is a whole lot of detector and I am enjoying taking the time to learn it and that won't end very soon and it seems to amaze me on what it can do on almost every hunt.

If you want more info on how much this is considered a "sleeper" unit, even by those that work at Fisher, look no further than this statement by Dave Johnson, one of the head designers and engineers at First Texas...

"The F70 was the product of a mission-- to come up with a less expensive adaptation of the F75, while incorporating things we had learned meanwhile. Without "dumbing it down". Because the F70 was advertised for a lot less money than the F75, marketing dept. didn't quite dare to say how good the damn thing really was. Some of the secret sauce we put into the F70 eventually made its way into later revisions of the F75 group of machines, as well as into the Teknetics "Fratbros" series and most other new beeps introduced after the F70.

As the top of the Fisher lineup, the F75 including its revisions got all the attention. That's how the F70 became a "sleeper". Guys like Mudpuppy will never have to wonder if they should have gotten an F75 instead.

This is the same sort of explanation I just posted in "another forum" about the approx. $200 category. If you get a Eurotek Pro, you never have to wonder if you should have gotten something else. Get anything else, and you'll wonder if you should have gotten a Eurotek Pro instead. F70 owners never have to wonder if they should "upgrade" to an F75.

--Dave J."

Digger27

Went from a Cz70pro to a F75 standard, than F75se with boost, glad I did, also run the Etrac , ETP, and omega 8000, like switching around trying different machines, I will tell you depth wise , nothing has compared to the F75se, Great machine, you will be upgrading one day, nothing wrong with the F70, or the other machines I have, all serve a purpose, have fun with the F70, Earl

F70 r F75 SE you cant loose with either one. Also don't leave out the At Pro super fun but serious machine as well. HH

Went from a Cz70pro to a F75 standard, than F75se with boost, glad I did, also run the Etrac , ETP, and omega 8000, like switching around trying different machines, I will tell you depth wise , nothing has compared to the F75se, Great machine, you will be upgrading one day, nothing wrong with the F70, or the other machines I have, all serve a purpose, have fun with the F70, Earl

I have SL speed, the 11" DD coil, and in my almost perfect soil I have found, it'd and dug targets at depths of 12-15" so I don't know how much deeper I really want to go.
Some of the extra features on the F75 are cool, like the backlight, manual GB adjustability, audio adjust, and the ability to notch only part of each section instead of all of it, but nothing I really need or miss since I never had them.
Maybe one day I will get an F75, but right now not even thinking about that.

Digger27

I have a lot of equipment, I haven't used , I have not used the 15dd on the F75se in boost, just recently got sef 10x12s for the GT which is very deep at the beach , etrac, and F75se, just got a ultimate 13 for the omega 8000 & euro tek pro, just to try, the problem I have around here are finding prime places to hunt, try the F75se with boost, your F70 would be a nice back up, 1 good thing, the F70 & f75 coils are all interchangeable like the Greek series, the shafts & coil nuts are the same, you will save some money, down the road, happy hunting , but on the other had here are some alternative choices, The T2se, or the Omega 8000 with the 11dd coil 4 InItToDigIt

I have a lot of equipment, I haven't used , I have not used the 15dd on the F75se in boost, just recently got sef 10x12s for the GT which is very deep at the beach , etrac, and F75se, just got a ultimate 13 for the omega 8000 & euro tek pro, just to try, the problem I have around here are finding prime places to hunt, try the F75se with boost, your F70 would be a nice back up, 1 good thing, the F70 & f75 coils are all interchangeable like the Greek series, the shafts & coil nuts are the same, you will save some money, down the road, happy hunting , but on the other had here are some alternative choices, The T2se, or the Omega 8000 with the 11dd coil 4 the thread poster.

What's a good larger coil for the F75? I was thinking maybe the 10x12 but I'd like more coverage so I'm debating now between the 15in dd or 13in ultimate. I have no heard much about the 15in dd, it's been out awhile now but it doesn't seem like many people use them.

Get a Fisher F5, and call it a day! It's probably the best Fisher detector of the F series! It's very easy to learn, and has features found on much more expensive units, including the ability to read ground mineralization on the fly, allowing you to visually know when you need to re ground balance your detector. Look into the F5, you can thank me later ;)

Digger said the fishers are chatty, not an issue with the fisher f5, you can use a positive or negative threshold to counter any emi you may experience.

I usually run mine at about 85 gain, -3 threshold and disc iron, and it is a quiet machine, coupled with the phase lock on the F5, your machine will remain stable and balanced, and any change in mineralization is right there, on the faceplate allowing you to instantly make adjustments to balance your machne again.

I think if you look into all of the features on the Fisher F5, you will see there's not much the F70 or F75 offers that the F5 doesn't.

The F5 is no slouch on depth AT ALL.... I use the AT Pro, and the F5, and if I am being honest here, I would choose the F5 4 times out of 5 if land hunting.

Coil To Soil

I haven't had a chance to use the SEF 10x12 on the F75se, and they say believe it or not the ultimate 13 for the Greek Series will work on the F75, mixed reviews on comparison with these two coils, most recently picked up SEF 10x12s for the Etrac , F75se, and GT, and the Ultimate 13 for the greek series, for you up their I would probably get the 13 ultimate , if you hunt the fields, I have the 15dd also , never used it yet, but it is to big, I do plan to use it down on my aunts 300 acre farm in Summerset co this year, You will need a swingy thingy or some other device, because after 15 minutes you will think your arm is falling off, Earl

I haven't had a chance to use the SEF 10x12 on the F75se, and they say believe it or not the ultimate 13 for the Greek Series will work on the F75, mixed reviews on comparison with these two coils, most recently picked up SEF 10x12s for the Etrac , F75se, and GT, and the Ultimate 13 for the greek series, for you up their I would probably get the 13 ultimate , if you hunt the fields, I have the 15dd also , never used it yet, but it is to big, Earl

OK thank's, I'll probably do the 13in ultimate, and maybe get something around that size for my V3i as well.

Coil To Soil

Use the internet for coil comparison between the Two coils, both made from the same company in Bulgaria , Earl InToItToDigIT Choices are mid grade F5 or Omega 8000, T2SE or F75se on the high end, Earl

I just picked up a new F70 from Bart and I love it so far. I still in the learning process, but I am finding the goods!

my next purchase

I have been studying since I got back into detecting a few months ago. Where I live , the T2 is the King Daddy of relic machines. I have picked the F 70 for five reasons. 1. you guys rave about them. 2. I cant see well and I hear the display is easy to see. 3. I am on a budget. It is hard obama times in my family. 4. I dont need all the notch and back lights and programing of its big brothers. 5. I like " sleepers" and under dogs. hahaha ... I will have to buy used so give me a shout when you are trading up. In the meantime my Tejon and Vaqureo will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom