Seriously thinking about giving this a try..

Dinger51

Elite Member
I am always thinking of other ways to carry my pouch and digger with me. Is anyone else using this or something like it? Does it work? I would love some feedback.. these are very inexpensive as well.

Attachments

• 6128D6Ni7BL._SL1273_.jpg
    6128D6Ni7BL._SL1273_.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 997
Yes, Yes, Yes

Absolutely. That is my system and it works great. I put my finds/trash bag on it with my digger and pro pointer holsters. Takes all the weight off my waist. Always hated my "work belt" slipping and sliding down, used to rest on my hips and cause my legs to tire early. That set up is like a harness, you jump out of the truck and throw it all on. I have a garret finds bag, keep a couple 9 volt batts in the little pocket, for my carrot and I'm good all day. I also am a firm believer in the Duluth Fire hose work pants. Slip in knee pads and oodles of pockets. If you use this harness, you will not realize you're carrying all your stuff, but it'll be there. No question, great system.

Absolutely. That is my system and it works great. I put my finds/trash bag on it with my digger and pro pointer holsters. Takes all the weight off my waist. Always hated my "work belt" slipping and sliding down, used to rest on my hips and cause my legs to tire early. That set up is like a harness, you jump out of the truck and throw it all on. I have a garret finds bag, keep a couple 9 volt batts in the little pocket, for my carrot and I'm good all day. I also am a firm believer in the Duluth Fire hose work pants. Slip in knee pads and oodles of pockets. If you use this harness, you will not realize you're carrying all your stuff, but it'll be there. No question, great system.

Thanks for the confirmation I was looking for. It's only 13.99 and I will be ordering soon. HH

That harness that was posted says says
Stretchable black fabric is 1.5" width with reflective strip 0.5" width.

Not sure stretchable would be good for the belt that holds all the stuff

That harness that was posted says says

Stretchable black fabric is 1.5" width with reflective strip 0.5" width.

Not sure stretchable would be good for the belt that holds all the stuff

That is a good point. I might have to look for nylon. Thanks for noticing.

This my set up, missing the lesche and pointer. I love it, especially longer hunts. Got 2 Molle large mag pouches, Molle water bottle holder, on a condor pistol belt and Lc-1 suspenders. Got it all off amazon delivered for under $45. Don't wear it in a park just so I don't look like a creap unless I have a coat over it all. But the Molle pouches pop off and go right on my belt.

Attachments

• 20160128_182231.jpg
    20160128_182231.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 894
  • 20160128_182222.jpg
    20160128_182222.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 817
If you go to www.galls.com and look at Uncle Mikes Duty Suspenders at $35.99 and there Duty Pro Adjustable Belt at $ 11.59 these are what lots of law enforcement use to support equipment weight. A little more money you get what you pay for? Thanks

This my set up, missing the lesche and pointer. I love it, especially longer hunts. Got 2 Molle large mag pouches, Molle water bottle holder, on a condor pistol belt and Lc-1 suspenders. Got it all off amazon delivered for under $45. Don't wear it in a park just so I don't look like a creap unless I have a coat over it all. But the Molle pouches pop off and go right on my belt.

That is a really nice setup!

That is a really nice setup!

Thanks, the only thing I am going to change is adding a small strap and buckle between the 2 front suspenders to keep them from slipping over the shoulders when digging. Those mag pouches are large enough to hold a good bit off trash or a raincoat and a few necessities.

When I said that was my system, I more meant the style of it. Basically, I use a heavy nylon tool belt from Home Depot. Attached to that I purchased the heaviest duty suspenders that Duluth sells. Yes they are slightly "stretchy". After two years of service, they are still perfect and frankly, the little bit of stretch the Duluth units have makes them very comfortable. It's not like you're carrying 60 pounds. I think the little bit of give helps when kneeling down to dig. When I'm finished my day, I unbuckle the belt, swing the buckle behind me, re-buckle it and lift the whole thing off in one piece. Dump my trash and lay it back in the truck, ready to go the next trip.
On really long trips I can and have, easily snap a water bottle onto the belt and don't even realize it's there. You will not be disappointed using this type setup.
Oh, with the Duluth suspenders, they cross each other in the back forming an X. They do not slip off the shoulders at all, never.

A lot of great ideas here:yes: I am tired of my Garrett pouch/belt sliding down on me after a few target recoveries. The suspender set-up looks like a great idea.:grin:

I am always thinking of other ways to carry my pouch and digger with me. Is anyone else using this or something like it? Does it work? I would love some feedback.. these are very inexpensive as well.

I ordered this today in white. Amazon prime should have it here in 2 days. I run at night so this will be pulling double duty. I will update my findings after I have used it for a while. I intend to have the Carrot, my digger and a find/trash pouch attached I would like to find someway to add my cell and keys.

Remember it's how you like it that matters , in the woods I carry a bucket , I use it not only to carry tools , sit on for snack break and work around it as a marker . HH

Back
Top Bottom