More small coil silver...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Woke up early like usual but it was raining...looks like I won't be cutting lawns this morning:roll: so after a couple more hours of sleep:lol: the rain had turned to off and on mist and drizzle...a good time for a short hunt, especially since it's the middle of August and it's normally hazy, hot and hateful. A little rain won't hurt the detector, I have it well wrapped...over to a nearby 1940's ballfield with the Ex XS, leaving the 6" coil in place, and I spent a hour or so in a small area seeing what I could pull from the trash before it began pouring rain again...at which point I called it a successful hunt and ran for the car:laughing: dug 3 house pennies first, then the XS said...silver very shallow...and it was:cool: layers of trash on top of trash on top of keepers, you need skills here or you go home with nothing:mad: this one was masked good, hiding 6" below a shallow piece of foil until
the Captain got a coil over and heard it...I'm good like that:D all of it...scrap, 90 cents clad, a couple wheats, sterling and silver the ring...sterling #28... silver #137... I'll be back to this field at some point, no doubt the trash is hiding more silver:yes: That's all for this outing, so thanks for looking, Happy Hunting...and see you after the next one!

Poor AMY! Oh well,it's in good hands now...
That's what it's about these days Captain! A great instrument,a very qualified set of ears,a location with coins....results NEVER lie. Either you learn to hunt in shitt or go home. You did good, really good!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom