Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Old 03-22-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ricki7 View post
Watched this vid and some others and one thing I have not seen was a air quality test . As a plumber we had to follow the OSHA rules for confined spaces . If someone passes out due to bad air , it takes experts to get the guy out . Often the person that goes down to help gets in trouble and does not make it . Kinda like when a swimmer is drowning ,the person jumps in to help and they both drown . Look up Confined Space procedure or deaths .
GL ,,,,,HH

Deaths have occurred in the fish holds of fishing boats, has lead to multiple deaths, first guy goes down and looses consciousness and then another guy jumps in to help and the same thing happens.
A good friend of mine had this happen to him on a tanker ship, didn't follow protocol and almost died.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bank Fisher View post
The first ladder I tried took up too much room in the man hole. I got by butt in but then my shoulders got stuck. My panic alarm in my brain started going off and I had to back out. Next I tried a deer hunting ladder and that did the trick.

https://youtu.be/24hVc03TKVw
Dang! Was looking forward to seeing the video but YouTube says it is unavailable!

Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Supporter

https://youtu.be/24hVc03TKVw

Not available anymore?...

Definitely be careful like everyone else stated. If you plan on doing anything with it, consult with someone experienced in Confined Space Safety so that a plan can be developed to enter and I would sniff the space with an air quality monitor to ensure it's safe to breathe down there.