San Francisco Gold

SeabeeRon

"Can Do" Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=145244.new;topicseen#new

Some of you may have already seen this story. It dates from back in September '91 and was written up in at least one of the treasure mags.

These are finds a fellow named Tom, goes by MT on the Kinzli California Forum. He made these finds in San Francisco back in 1991. I think Rudy and maybe some others know of or know Tom. It is a great read!

To get his story go to post #58 dated Mar. 27, 2008 in the above link. The whole thread is kinda interesting. Reading some of the replies in the thread reminds me why our Friendly Forum here is my Home Base for metal detecting tales and information!! :yes::yes:

Awesome story...one should not have a weak heart when experiencing such a find.... and I think I would have spent an additional few hours on the first hunt.... of course, I do not know the circumstances and it was a dicey neighborhood. RickO

wow! simply amazing! just one would make my dreams come true...couldnt imagine finding all them....Id prolly have a heart attack rite there.

Last edited:
I have read that thread before and it was great to read it again.
Once in a lifetime thrill!!
I wouldn't be doing a happy dance in that location either.
Makes you wonder how many got scooped up in the dozer before they got there!!

Yes, THAT is why I (we) do this!! I mean even just the "thought" of finding something like this gives me a rush!! Hey, wait a minute... I know someone who knows someone who might know someone at the dump where they brought all the dirt! :)

Thanks everybody for the very nice warm welcome to the forum. I'll do my best to contribute as much as I can.
Here's the link to the top of the post on Treasure Net showing the picture of the goodies.
Thanks again,
MT
Tom

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,145244.0.html
In case you missed it...here's the pic before any cleaning.
treasure.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom