Ideas for Sovereign GT Housing

Yup, still talk to him regularly. He still has his Sovereign GT with his remote PP and swears by it as one the best and deepest detectors out there. Even a waterproof one over and an Excal. He's too busy working these days but just asked to borrow my scoop so he's itching to get out.

Critterhunter also waterproofed his GT without completely taking the main board out of the case. But I know there are a few where it was pulled and looked pretty good. I thought about doing this if I came upon a GT to play with as I said above, Critterhunter swore by his GT over an excal and I saw him pull silver in places I never thought existed.
Either way if you are looking for a specific part, let me know I may be able to help.

Bad about having the GT or sovereign in a WP box or WP pouch. Can't adjust the settings..but I remember running a wild setup with the Afterburner for the coil and Doc's Amp for the head phones..dry and wet sand the little 8oo was deadly but once it hit the water she could not take the salt.

Bad about having the GT or sovereign in a WP box or WP pouch. Can't adjust the settings..but I remember running a wild setup with the Afterburner for the coil and Doc's Amp for the head phones..dry and wet sand the little 8oo was deadly but once it hit the water she could not take the salt.

Ive seen a few builds that were setup to adjust settings through the box. If I ever waterproofed one, that's what I would do. For now though, my Excal will do just fine.

I tried the waterproof bag twice. It leaked both times during testing. If a person was to advertise for a parts only Sovereign GT they might get lucky in finding a new housing.

I fear the days of the Sovereign are nearing an end. This Vanquish coming out and the ever popular Equinox just make the Sovereign too much to worry about about as far as water.

MY first machine was the sovereign gt. Critter answered many questions for me and helped me to learn the machine. Recently (May-June) i worked a permission and dug 49 wheat pennies. Not a one of them rang up with a high number on the meter but I could remember critters advice on numbers climbing. I enjoyed communicating with him and missed his replies.

Yup, still talk to him regularly. He still has his Sovereign GT with his remote PP and swears by it as one the best and deepest detectors out there. Even a waterproof one over and an Excal. He's too busy working these days but just asked to borrow my scoop so he's itching to get out.

Critterhunter also waterproofed his GT without completely taking the main board out of the case. But I know there are a few where it was pulled and looked pretty good. I thought about doing this if I came upon a GT to play with as I said above, Critterhunter swore by his GT over an excal and I saw him pull silver in places I never thought existed.
Either way if you are looking for a specific part, let me know I may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom