A few indian heads, and I'm confused at what exactly this "wheat" is

adiroit

407103_10150689789050620_590725619_12093513_1325190869_n.jpg

What is that discolored wheat? (guessing 99.9% of you know, im the minority :) )

Yea the indians are 1890, 1899, 1907.. and that coin you mentioned is from 1943..

i think it looks definitely cooler than normal pennies!

I am fairly sure you are speaking about the wheat that is not copper. If so, I appears to be a 1943 steel penny. Check the date and see

Looks like a steelie to me.

Yes,

It looks like a steel penny, and if it is from 1943 that should be it. All of my "steelies" are attracted to a magnet. try and see if you can pick it up with a fridge-magnet. Nice coins!

-Caius Gauge

I have one 43 and it is steel. I wouldn't mind finding some more though. I think they are cool.

Sonny.

I have a bag full of them, if anyone wants some super cheap, just shoot me a PM

If this was dug out of the ground that is just remarkable.
I have dug 3, (all on one hunt, too!), and they were so crusty that I didn't even know what they were till I tumbled them.
Rubbing by hand did nothing.
Steel + moisture in the ground for years = wrecked coins.

a.jpg

These were found in 4 rolls I got from the bank last year.
199 total.
They were never in the ground, but they must have been in a damp place because they were so rusted you could hardly tell what they were.

These are a few after tumbling.

aa.jpg

yea it was from the ground.. why do you think i showed the tails side tho.. the heads side is completely screwed up :p it was weird though because i found that coin and 3 clad coins in the same hole like on top of each other.. it confused me

yea it was from the ground.. why do you think i showed the tails side tho.. the heads side is completely screwed up :p it was weird though because i found that coin and 3 clad coins in the same hole like on top of each other.. it confused me

Ahh...the back of that coin was resting directly on top of one of the other ones...that was the only thing that saved it.

My 3 were nothing but rusty,crusty wrecked disks that I knew were pennies but only because of the size.
Both sides were toasted due to that moisture.

I see you have a BH Platinum, which is a cousin to my F2...the detector that found those 3 steel pennies in the ground.

I do recall a very strange high tone and high numbers on these three...higher than a dime signal, even, but not quite up to a quarter.
Numbers I had never seen before.
Confused me also till I cleaned them and saw what they were.

Bet that signal you got with yours and the other coins in the same hole was a strange one, too.

Back
Top Bottom