If a smiling person...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
knocked on your door and gave you a well worn polished old coin from his pocket and ask;

Will you take my lucky coin in exchange that I might spend the day metal detecting your old property?

101_0677.jpg
would you take the coin and say OK?
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg

heck yea......i've only got a small yard and i've hunted it to death :lol:

Glad to hear that Dogpound, because I think I going to try this out on some old farm houses this fall. I polished up a bunch if near worthless coins, honestly I don't know why you guys collect them but to each his own. I will let you know if it gets me a date with some old dirt :lol:

<---vid

Glad to hear that Dogpound, because I think I going to try this out on some old farm houses this fall. I polished up a bunch if near worthless coins, honestly I don't know why you guys collect them but to each his own. I will let you know if it gets me a date with some old dirt :lol:

<---vid

default.jpg
DON'T polish Indian heads!
images

Heck, I will buy them off you unpolished.

Last edited:
so the logic is......i'll give ya some nice shiney old coins so i can dig some of your dirty clad :lol:

Novel idea. I say if someone is willing to give out a business card as some members do. Then giving out a coin is a more likely sales pitch. Good luck and keep us posted on the results

Interesting concept. I would not give up any of my dug coins, but might buy some silver coins headed for melt and use those.

That idea may prompt some home owners to believe that there must be a stash of coins on their property if you approach them with coins from jump.

But what do I know I'm just an ole hill billy:lol:

quickest way to get on someones yard is thru their stomach.......offer them a pie or cookies :lol:

You know i'm standing there today in this old park that I knew had been hunted to death (a passer by told me) and i'm looking at all these historical homes lined up around the park and I just couldn't get the balls to go knocking. The puny little merc in my hand was only because i had to dig 8 inches to unearth it but these houses must be encrusted with old silver.

untitled.jpg

Did you guys once say the lawn between the sidewalk and the street was city property and if you had the guts you could walk right down one of these historical Chicagoland street?

I need to just suck it up and go put my plan in action now, there is hardly nothing left in old coin in the park... it's on the other side of the street ten paces away
imagesCA2ZT3C7.jpg
knock, knock here's Johnny

curb strips are city owned altho they are maintained(cut or mowed) by the homeowner.

Back
Top Bottom